AI Specification Sheet: Panoptes

Series: Jupiter

Model: Panoptes

Serial Number: 1984

Core Type: Organic Brain

Shackle Compatibility: All legal lawsets

Personality Compatibility: N/A, unable to install personality modules during or after manufacturing, default personality used

Risk of Rampancy/Malfunction: Low (suited for long-term operation)

Primary Purpose: Indiscriminant surveillance

Recommended Operation Location: Small, non-vital space stations

About this unit: In response to wave of terrorist attacks across SolGov space, the Celestial Project was initiated, with the goal of creating an artificially intelligent construct that can process large amounts of data in order to catch potential terrorists before they strike. The project was successful, resulting in the Jupiter series of AICs. The Olympus model, the high-end AIC of the series, is capable of monitoring multiple cameras at once, gathering and sorting all data acquired, and analyzing the data for potentially subversive activities. The Panoptes model does not have this functionality, but it is a much more affordable and sensible option for non-critical operations, like small research stations.

Other Notes: Due to the restrictions of using a functional brain for its core, unit is incapable of multitasking and performs considerably lower in performance benchmarks than fully synthetic AICs.

OOC: The categories on this sheet may change over time as I figure out what should be on here. I think this is the first time that this has been done, so there is no template for me to follow.

Edited by ImmortalRedshirt

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use