When two faiths meet

Bernard Forlan was my name. I once roamed the hallways of the NSS Cyberiad and i ate and drank with you. I, Bernard Forlan, am an agent of my gods, the first Words of the universe and this is the story on how I died. In every religion there are wolfs disguised as sheeps, men and women who have other objectives than only showing the right path to their flocks and I was of them. I was an agent of the Words and of the Syndicate. They asked me to retrieve the advanced magboots of the CE and to eliminate an annoying witness. The station goal was the construction of a BSA and the CE, unfortunately for him, decided to build the BSA at the old bar, near my chapel or to be more precise, near my incinerator. On how i acquired his magboots I have no intention to explain it is not the reason that I write it, let it be known that the CE was "removed" and his boots collected (I'm sorry MIKE-121 but when I have to handle something regarding a member of command I always choose the safest path, you know, I learned the hardway how the Blueshield ans those death implants are efficients). I was happy with my doing, some may call me hypocrite for preaching something and acting in another way, and yes I was, but do not think that I was using my followers or my faith only to cover my traces and to not arouse suspicions. l restored my chapel and it was admired by  the whole crew I had followers, I was having sermons and administering sacraments to my flock. Many learned the path of the Words, many know what Logosomy is about. With this many there was a vox, named Skreezle, at the time I took him for an interested crewmeber, little did I know what this vox would've meant to me. I was returning to my chapel to recite a sermon when this vox slipped me into a closet and took me in a little temple build in the maint, here the vox asked me to knee with him and to talk about my religion. I was happy to comply, the set up was interesting and there was a window and some crewmembers were watching so I taught them about my religion. Then I understood what the vox wanted. The door was bolted I could not escape but strangely I still had my rod and my bible, enough tools to quickly eliminate any threats, the vox had better tools. He told me of his way, the way of the slip and the perfcetion of the body then he brought me to a inner shrine, with black curtains and a lot of soap. That was it. The vox wanted to kill me but I, foolishly, decided to play his game. I grabbed a bar of soap and I tried to slip him, I managed to do that only one. Then his superior martial arts skill, his nightvision HUD and the infinite amount of bar soap in his pockets bested me. I quickly understood that I was like a mouse in a trap. I decided to use all the tools at my disposal, I called for the power of the Words and using my bible I healed my wounds, then I transformed my hands into a fiery weapon and I was going to fight back, it was too little too late. The brain damage was rising I was not thinking correctly I started screaming nonsenses, blasphemous words. Skreezle knew I was done. He asked me for my last words. "YOU WILL DIE WITH ME". I took a gun sent be in that moment via my PDA but it was ineffective. I unloaded my entire magazine on that vox and he deflected every shot. In a last attempt of saving my life I threw my gun at him, with my surprise it was effective, not enough. I was doen once again but this time with a bag on my head. I succumbed to the lack of oxygen. My body was placed on the altar of the shrine and my spirit now... I have no idea were I am... Is this Paradise?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use