An Administrator Complaint On Elysianprince

Bmon

Admin(s) Key: Elysianprince

Your ckey (Byond username): Bmon

Your Discord name (if applicable): Bmon#5135

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred):  Sunday 7am GMT.

Nature of complaint: Misapplication of rules.

Links to all relevant ban appeals for any bans related to this complaint: N/A. Ultimately I have decided against a ban appeal at this moment but wish to expedite this complaint before it becomes irrelevant.

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements): 

• As a traitor RD undercover as a sec officer I arrested the replacement RD for 2 minutes on obviously fake charges.
  • Elysian comes to me in PMs asking why I arrested the other RD. I tell that at that point I’m just messing with sec and command.
  • Elysian tells me to knock it off and I ultimately agree. The other RD is a non-combatant after all.
  • Later I decide to release the other traitors that have been imprisoned in perma brig.
  • This is met with a CC announcement informing all of sec of the impending escape followed by me getting abruptly banned for deviating too far from my objectives.

Full description of events: 

So I was a traitor RD who had stolen the NAD and had my assassinate target tracked with a pointer. After scoping him out I saw that he was new and decided to hold off on killing him until near the end of the shift. As a traitor with all my objectives in the bag I decided to take up the gimmick of a random shitsec officer with the ultimate goal of committing as many shenanigans as I could before being exposed by IAA or the HoS. Armed with a stolen sec uniform, agent ID and voice changer I set out and found my first target, the new replacement RD. I made up some random bullshit, brought them to brig and after falsely accusing them of multiple very obviously fake crimes I ended up jailing them for of having an illegal telebaton and handtele for a total of two whole minutes. Elysian promptly PMs me asking why I had arrested the RD. I explain to them that I am a syndicate agent and at that point was just messing around with sec and command as I had nothing better to do. Anyways Elysian comes to the conclusion that I should knock it off and I at the time agreed with him. Was the fake shitsec officer a bad gimmick? Egh maybe. But did I break the rules by arresting the replacement RD for a trivial amount of time to get them to shriek to command? I’m personally undecided. Anyways this wasn’t the reason why I was banned I was just told not to do it and I agreed.

Later on in the shift I was reminded by my pAI that there were people in perma brig. Other agents! Me of course with still nothing better to do decided to take it upon myself to go free them, after all I was an antagonist and had the means to carry out a prison break stealthy using my ID card. As I freed the perma brigged agents this was met by (presumably) Elysian making a CC announcement informing all of security that there was an ongoing prison break. I don’t really care about that but what I do care about is the fact that I was perma banned without a word being said to me after that announcement. I cannot even begin to tell you the countless amount of times antagonists have freed other antagonists from perma brig and it has never been an issue. I myself have even done it in the past a good amount of times. The rules are actually pretty clear about antagonists being allowed to free other antagonists from perma brig without administrative permission so I am still wondering why exactly I was banned. I can only chalk it up to a misapplication of the rule 6 and negligence, really I am clueless. It also doesn’t help that he was vague in my ban reason only saying that I deviated too far from my objectives too many times.

Antagonists should never be beholden to their objectives so long as they’re not causing mass chaos, which I most definitely wasn't, and are still antagonizing the crew as it is their job to do that. I mildly inconvenienced the replacement RD by brigging him for two minutes and freed other agents from perma brig. I do not believe that qualifies as murderbone or deviating too far from my objectives as once again they were all pretty much completed.

Oh one more thing! Elysian mentioned that I did a third rule break in my ban reason. I tried asking him twice on Discord about what that could be but was met with silence. Anyways I can’t rebut something I don’t know about.

• Like 2
  • angryeyes 1

• 2 weeks later...

I talked to Ely.

Conclusions:

• Some of the stuff you've done was not actually that bad. For example, I don't have an issue with your shitsec officer gimmick (since you were an agent pretending to be an officer).
  • Other stuff was not great (e.g: not following Ely's request to tone down your behavior).
  • Some of the things you say sound reasonable, but actually, upon closer inspection, seem less so. For example you say Ely never replied when you contacted them on Discord. Apparently they were busy and couldn't.
  • In general we do ask admins to talk to the person before banning them, but you'd accumulated so many warnings that many admins have just given up hoping that you'll really change your behavior.

Overall, the fundamental issue is that you play to win, not for roleplay. Which means you're always pushing the line of just how winning-oriented you can be without technically breaking the rules.

I'll be sad to see you go, but ultimately, I think you'll be far happier playing on a server like TG, one which doesn't care about roleplay and where you can just focus on the winning you care more about.

I'm dismissing this complaint as largely without merit. I've talked to Ely about it and while there are a few things (like messaging someone before ban) that are best practice, ultimately, with your attitude of always playing to win it was only a matter of time before you ended up banned again. Following the letter of the rules won't ultimately save you if you ignore the spirit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use