Remove the autotoggle of throw when priming a grenade

Rurik

Many a time i have canceled the grenade toss by hitting R when not meaning to.

That said, i get why its like this.

So long as i can remember to not do this, its far better to have it prime the toss after I arm it, you've armed a grenade, its live, its going to blow up unless you toss it, so arm, toss is much easier if it auto primes the toss when you arm the grenade.

To be fair, by arming it, you kind of are indicating you wish to throw it...less someone wishes to blow themselves up, at that point just hold on and prepare for the bang

I’ve long thought of that too, mainly due grenades usually work so that there’s a pin and a lever, and when the pin is pulled off, the lever may fall off, if the user does not hold it while holding the thing in hand - and the nade only primes when the lever is fallen, that is, when it’s thrown. So that when you want to throw one, pull the pin off and then, still holding the lever, take your time before throwing it.

Now our nades will start the countdown on priming interaction, so that you have to get it out of your hand fast after that. Due to that, it’s kind of good, in my opinion, that there’s this auto throw in the present situation, but how about if they worked as above? Eg. grenade active hand, press z to pull the pin, no automatic throwintent, and the nade only primes when you throw or drop it; and press z again to drop the lever, in case of you wanted to use the tactic of letting the fuse burn a bit before the throw, maybe keep the automatic throwintent with that action so that if you want to throw it NOW doubletap Z and there it goes.

Edited by Regular Joe

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/18/2020 at 3:30 AM, Rurik said:

If I wanted to throw it, I would have pressed r god damnit

Nuh. Some explosives dont have a trigger long enough for you to press R (example cherrybombs). Game inputs are skreked and often dont catch on you pressing buttons. I dont want it blowing in my hands because my game tinylagged and didn't detect me trying to press R.

• 1 month later...

I don't use bombs very often, but when I do, I'd prefer for the throw to be primed because I'm a very slow and forgetful person that often forgets...everything. 

TL;DR. I don't wanna explode myself thanks 😄

• explodyparrot 1

I mean yeah, if these are traditional grenades like those that would be used IRL, they wouldn't explode till you release the lever and throw them anyway.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use