Quick question

Zephroze

Hey so, one time a laughter demon invaded medbay, I used a Gravitational Catapult to repeatedly push it into a wall. Naturally there were some bonked noggins, but ultimately, my contribution pushed it away from the blood and allowed the crew to surround and murder it.

An admin messaged me and said I was killing innocents, and we could not come to an agreement.

Was I breaking a rule by spamming the Gravitational Catapult?

I want to be clear: I am not arguing with his decision to stop me, and I haven't done it since. I just want to know.

I wasn't there so I have no idea of how much damage was done, but I imagine it's the same as using a flamethrower or shooting Buckshot in a crowded hallway.
You may have taken out your target, but there are more apt weapons to use that won't cause civilian casualties by proximity. If you have to use something like that, make sure its in an area away from bystanders.

Just want to re-iterate: I am not complaining about an admin.

The thing was assaulting people for about 30 minutes before I hauled my ass there and stuck it in the corner. I just want to ask if this is an actual breach of any rule.

I don't believe I was causing any casualties, I just want to know if this was an opinion, or a rule that all admins would message me for; the former allowing me to use this very successful and efficient, albeit chaotic tactic, and the latter banning me from performing it again. I'm here to have fun.

If you wish to discuss a staff ruling against you, either submit an admin complaint or speak with members of staff about it. Asking the general public for their opinions on whether you really were in the wrong in this situation is inappropriate.

This thread will be locked to prevent further discussion.

• BryanR locked this topic
6 hours ago, Zephroze said:

I'm here to have fun.

I was going to let this end with Bryan's statement, but this is somewhat infuriating. 

You're not the only one here to have fun. Using such a tactic that fucks over other players is not alright, nor will it ever be. 

This is on top of the fact that it was triggering a bug that forced the slaughter demon out of blood crawl-the only reason it was even remotely as effective of a 'strategy' on it as it was. While I admittedly didn't mention this to you at the time, it wouldn't change much about the situation either way. 

As others have said, admin complaints or contacting staff over discord is your best route, not kicking a fuss in a public area.

As it is, we don't need to 'come to an agreement'; we enforce the server rules, and what we tell you in PMs is how those rules are enforced. I hope this clarifies a bit to you. 

• Like 3
  • clown 1