Implement Security HUD into Detective's starting loadout

SaucyJack

Idea: Give the Detective something that gives them access to the Security HUD at the start of the round. My first choice for the implementation of this would be to implement a HUD effect into their Noir glasses, but it would also be alright to just give them HUDglasses in their cabinet or something along those lines.

Why: Detectives already have access to the security console, and can head up to equipment storage to ask a fellow department member for HUDglasses nine times out of ten. I love the Noir glasses effect but personally find myself asking for the HUD at the start of every shift, as they are strictly better. In Code Red situations, having that instant information can make all the difference between catching the criminal and getting robusted yourself.

Coding Difficulty: Easy, this would only require placing an item or at most tweaking an already existing item.

Scope: Very small, quality of life.

Balance: Given that the Detective already has access to everything that the HUD provides, this doesn't make any significant difference beyond saving them a minute or two at the start of the round.

• Like 1

I believe the reason detective doesnt have a sec hud is because when detective walks and sees a big red W above a person he would start a chase which is not his job

I think this will just make the detectives more like "security officer with revolver".

They need to head to their office and investigate there, he also has comms to announce crimes already.

Detective actually have ton of rp opportunities, and while sec hud for detective will make his life easier, if they had them by default it would distract some players from trying out really cool noir stuff.

2 hours ago, McRamon said:

Detective actually have ton of rp opportunities, and while sec hud for detective will make his life easier, if they had them by default it would distract some players from trying out really cool noir stuff.

You realize black noir means "black black" right

• clown 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use