Slime People Rework

Leanfrog

As the title suggests, this is a proposal for a rework to Slime People, this is not a full rework but more so a change to their primary trait, currently I'd consider that just not having bones, my suggestion is this.

Remove the nobones trait and replace it with a sort of hyper regenerative tendency, Slime People will now suffer from increased hunger usage and actual damage from being starved but have very slight innate organ healing, they will also have the ability to mend internal damage and wounds at the cost of food, their ability to regrow limbs would be retained but the cost would be increased from its usual amount, the amount of healing for wounds would be roughly the same as Saline Glucose, mending internal damage would cost the same amount of hunger as regrowing a limb and take roughly 1.25x longer than limb regrowth, and the organ healing would be at roughly 0.25 organ health per cycle.
This means Slime People will be able to suffer from broken bones again but won't suffer from the injury forever, it also adds a much more unique factor to the race that helps make it more than just human but...

Overall I feel like this would make for an interesting change to the species and would theoretically be a slight nerf as having bones is a major factor for combat in most if not all situations.

I dont like this, would be the equivalent of having your bag filled with saline glucose IVs.

Few times you need to visit medbay already, not having to visit it at all sounds wrong for both the race and the whole medical department.

Ehh. Disagree with this as Gaty said. This'd basically make you never need to go to medbay almost ever except for Internal Bleeding. It'd essentially be having mito, mannitol, and saline in an infinite supply. Seems far more overpowered than it needs to be.

I think they're fine as they are for now, personally, at-least in regards to this suggestion goes. I'd prefer no bones to some overpowered healing that would likely lead to nerfing of vendor machines/hunger gain from food from them and a whole lot of other stuff to consider.

I agree they need some sort of changes to move them away from 'Human but X', but I don't think this is how it should be.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use