Medical Tweak

Kugamo

One thing that could be done that could increase immersion and cooperation with medical staff is this: make it so that when treating standing patients theres a big wait time for any medical action preformed, thus for timely heals you have to lie down or be laid down. The idea is that this will give more value to medical players, and add some immersion to the medbay gameplay. The only real thing that differentiates medbay players and non medbay players in terms of healing is access to the meds. (not mentioning surgery and sleeper running) Maybe we can get some use out of those cot things that are always thrown to the wayside. It could force patients to be accepted into medbay in a more organized manner, so that they arent shunned for being doctor ignoring heal-stealers.

TLDR: Add time to all medical actions for standing patients, no time to all medical actions for lying down patients.

Let me know what you all think.

Not a bad idea however something that might be a detriment to it. During station emergencies where Medbay will inevitably get a massive backlog of patients wouldn't this just increase the time it would take for critical patients who are standing as well as heavily injured patients to be treated and cause an even worse backlog for Medical? The concept isn't bad if there were very few situations where disaster strikes and you get a large influx of patients, however there are more times than a few where you don't have much time to interact with your patient before pushing them out the door to go to the next one.

Also, tying it to whether or not a player is lying down or standing up all treatments are going to have extended time since if the patient refuses to lay down (Doctors don't have stun batons after all to force them horizontal) its going to punish the doctor more by tying up their time with a non-cooperative patient which, actually happens more than I'd like to admit. I recall a Security Officer who couldn't even wait for us to close her incision from surgery before hopping up, dashing out of the OR and going back on patrol. They didn't come back until ten minutes later after they had lost quite a bit of blood.

Not a bad idea however something that might be a detriment to it. During station emergencies where Medbay will inevitably get a massive backlog of patients wouldn't this just increase the time it would take for critical patients who are standing as well as heavily injured patients to be treated and cause an even worse backlog for Medical? The concept isn't bad if there were very few situations where disaster strikes and you get a large influx of patients, however there are more times than a few where you don't have much time to interact with your patient before pushing them out the door to go to the next one.

Also, tying it to whether or not a player is lying down or standing up all treatments are going to have extended time since if the patient refuses to lay down (Doctors don't have stun batons after all to force them horizontal) its going to punish the doctor more by tying up their time with a non-cooperative patient which, actually happens more than I'd like to admit. I recall a Security Officer who couldn't even wait for us to close her incision from surgery before hopping up, dashing out of the OR and going back on patrol. They didn't come back until ten minutes later after they had lost quite a bit of blood.

Well you dont have to be a sec officer to buckle someone to a seat or bed, but I agree it would be more deadly in emergency situations. But when aren't emergency situations deadly? It would cause medical to work differently of course, maybe they would need more cots etc. All in all though I would like to think it would add more to the game than it would take away.

Disagree with this. Somewhat neat in theory, but on paper as Bryan said it won't work out. It won't add anything but frustration for medical in the long run, which is something we definitely don't need to happen. Medical mains already burn out from frustration from players already. I just don't see why it's a needed thing or what it actually beneficially adds to gameplay other than yet another hurdle for medbay to have to jump through.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use