Abydos2? complaint

linukas

Admin(s) Key: Abydos2 or whoever was responsible for the centtcomm report
Your ckey (Byond username): Linukas
Your Discord name (if applicable): N/A

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): 14/4/20 12:34 am ish

Nature of complaint:
(Select all that apply: EG - clarification required, misapplication of rules, misconduct, abuse of powers, feedback, other)
Links to all relevant ban appeals for any bans related to this complaint: misconduct, misapplication of rules, Abuse of power

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements):
- Built rage cage with permission from captain
- Advertised it, it was not used because a blob was killing people
- Centtcomm sent a message stating for me to be killed on the blob
- I state that this seems like abuse of power
- Get (perma?)banned for calling the admin corrupt

Full description of events:
Abydos stated that centcomm ordered myself to be told to fight the blob ,which I would've been fine to do, however that is a lie as the nature of the message was to straight have me killed on the blob which was what was attempted as the blueshield stunned, handcuffed me and then threw me at the blob with the handcuffs still on. I complained that an admin just straight telling the crew to lynch someone for minimal reason was pretty invalid. I cannot remember exactly what was said but i was relatively antagonistic in my wording because who wouldn't when an admin orders your character to be lynched.
I genuinely couldn't care less about being unbanned because I thought paradise admins were above simply ordering the death of other players through the guise of centtcomm.
I feel like this could've been handled much more professionally than simply "he built a rage cage, he must die then" I won't dispute the ban I am simply disputing the what seemed like abuse of power to me in game.

Admin's version of events:

There was a blob that was currently eating away at the station, taking up much of the crew's attention. Multiple calls for help, weapons, calling ERT, ect over the radio for you to hear. You continued instead to build a rage cage, hired someone to fight at it, advertised it through an announcement and tried to get people to fight within it.. all while the crew were dying.

Central Command (And admins) do not enjoy rage cages AT ALL, for a multiple number of reasons;

1) They encourage people to constantly fight until someone dies, aka, encouraging players to commit murder

2) They often brawl off into the whole bar and end up with everyone fighting or killing

3) It floods admins with attack logs from people who shouldn't be fighting in the first place.

Central Command got involved and sent this message, as you built a rage cage during a very serious blob threat;

So the bartender seems to have his priorities mixed up. There's a blob that the crew should all be attempting to fight to ensure the station is not eaten.. and he's more concerned with building a rage cage. Not only do we want that rage cage down, we'd appreciate it if he's fed feet first to the blob as fodder.

As you took the time to build and start advertising a rage cage during a serious threat, you can also deal with the threat. I didn't realize that the Blueshield had decided to throw you at them handcuffed, but I cannot fault them for taking the CC order rather seriously. To which you immediately ahelp'd.

[2020-04-13T23:25:48] ADMIN: Adminhelp: Linukas/(Krazk Shadowscale): So you guys ae genuinely gonna do this? just decide that a player should be killed with a centtcomm report? - heard by 2 non-AFK admins.

[2020-04-13T23:26:02] ADMIN: Adminhelp: Linukas/(Krazk Shadowscale): I thought that paradise was above this shit - heard by 2 non-AFK admins.

[2020-04-13T23:26:27] ADMIN: PM: Abydos2->Linukas/(Krazk Shadowscale): You built a rage cage, something that central command hates as it encourages people to kill one another. You also built it during a BLOB emergency, that could lead to the station getting nuked..

[2020-04-13T23:27:02] ADMIN: PM: Abydos2/->Linukas/(Krazk Shadowscale): Why you'd build a rage cage that central command 100% hates, and even during a blob, is beyond us.

[2020-04-13T23:27:41] ADMIN: PM: Abydos2->Linukas/(Krazk Shadowscale): Considering you've taken the time to ahelp, consider it an official warning now, do not build rage cages. Especially when a BLOB is currently EATING the station.

[2020-04-13T23:27:50] ADMIN: PM: Linukas/(Krazk Shadowscale)->Abydos2: I had no intention of allowing people to die in it, I had no idea the blob was still active and it caused literally not  a single problem

[2020-04-13T23:28:13] ADMIN: PM: Linukas/(Krazk Shadowscale)->Abydos2: Well then, guess i know why i stopped playing on paradise, the admins are still as toxic as ever

I had decided to ignore that remark due to stress / anger on your part and continued on with making sure everything was going okay around the server. You then decided to send in another ahelp, this time expanding your definition of "toxic" to the whole staff. Calling the whole staff corrupt and not even being sorry for it.

[2020-04-13T23:31:00] ADMIN: Adminhelp: Linukas/(Krazk Shadowscale): Just baffled to be honest that the admins here ae that corrupt still to just straight tell other people to remove others from the round - heard by 3 non-AFK admins.

[2020-04-13T23:31:17] ADMIN: PM: Abydos2->Linukas/(Krazk Shadowscale): With that, you have just earned a ban.

[2020-04-13T23:31:25] ADMIN: PM: Linukas/(Krazk Shadowscale)->Abydos2: o7

[2020-04-13T23:31:33] LOOC: Linukas/(Krazk Shadowscale) (136,142,1): o7 gettign banned

So yes, I stand by the ban and believe that Paradise is better off without you, if you decide to call all staff members toxic and corrupt because you were punished IC.

Edited by Abydos

This "cage" had been built since pretty much the start of the round, but if you guys truly believe that Just Ordering Someone to be executed is completely fine then i'm happy to be gone

Hi there, thank you for submitting this.

First of all, rage cages are something which are generally an IC problem. Like most (Dare I say, all?) workplaces, Nanotrasen does not like it's employees beating each other to death or near death. If tolerated by the command staff/security, centcomm may intervene.

@Abydos was perhaps a bit harsh with the wording of "feed feet first to the blob", and should have instead gone with something along the lines of "be drafted to fight the blob" or perhaps "The station is a rage cage, all crew vs the blob". However, you being thrown at the blob handcuffed is not something Abydos was expecting - I'm sure he'll now remember how literally the crew can interpret CC remarks.

To call the staff corrupt and toxic - especially when you've interacted with only a handful of them - is not something we really want to put up with here. Especially over getting killed in a round - something that may happen to dozens of people per round. If you are going to insult all of the staff over something like this, I think removing you from the server is appropriate in this case.

In future I advise you to make ahelps/complaints while less emotionally affected, and perhaps work on tactics to avoid getting so worked up over a minor event in a videogame.

The complaint is without merit - there was no abuse of power here, nor are all the staff corrupt and toxic. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use