The story of the 5 greentext mime

Daylight

This is quite a long story, but I found the round quite fun and suddenly felt compelled to share it with people. 

So, shift starts, and I'm rolling with AI set to high and everything else set to never. I load in, and discover that I am, in fact the Mike. And ooh, a traitor, with the following objectives: 

1. Steal the station blueprints 
  2. Steal the captain's deluxe jetpack 
  3. Escape on the shuttle or an escape pod alive and free. 

Very well then, interesting objectives. I wander around to the Hop office and expertly mime my wish to become an engineer (No, I don't cheat by using a PDA), which the Hop struggles to comprehend for around 8 minutes, at which point I become a silent engineer. I head over to engineering and gear up, making friends with the local hardhats and advising them on where to place the BSA, at which point they left to do their thing. 

As there was no CE at the time, I decided to just brute force the office, grabbing the fire axe from atmos and using it to open the CE's office, bust the locker lock open and grab the blueprints, before making a hasty retreat. Success! Next up, I wandered up to the teleporter, fireaxe in hand, taking advantage of the AI and command being distracted by some hat anomaly on the AI sat, to force my way in, closing the door behind me and grabbing the hand Tele just incase. I think made my way to the captain's office, opened up the suit storage thingy and grabbed the jetpack, before teleporting away to arrivals. Success! All objectives done, 0TC spent. 

So, I do a quick ahelp, asking for more objectives and a bit of prize TC. I got 5 additional crystals, and the objective to:

4) Steal the nuclear authentication disk. 

So, that was going to be a tougher nut to crack. I used the fireaxe to get into the secure secure storage area, replacing the AI upload board with something random from the shelves, before building the upload in a hidden location and buying the discounted hacked upload board for 6TC. I told the AI to obey everyone who squished (being a slime person myself) and who ordered them by PDA, And told it not to hurt those who it obeyed. 

I traded some friendly messages with the AI, before it informed me that the captain was in the AI satellite, helping with the hatnomaly. I ordered it to cut comms and kill him, which it was very effective at. I had to kill some poor engineer (Sorry, T-50) whilst retriving the body, getting the captain's ID, the NAD AND the pinpointer, because the captain wasn't too bright and kept the pinpointed on himself instead of giving it to his blueshield. 

At this point, I'm out of objectives again. It's about 40 minutes into the shift, so I ahelp once more, and get another objective, although no additional TC ("Those guns are expensive, yo!") 

5) Steal the blue secret documents. 

So, I stash the NAD, along with the rest of my highly illegal stuffs, into a very obscure locker in engineering, and head out to track. I buy a advanced pinpointer and switch it on. It displays: "?". Alright then, they must be hidden off Z somewhere. Engineering outpost: "?"; mining outpost: "?". A quick ahelp later, it turns out that the blue documents do not exist after all. And I get my objective changed to:

5) Steal secret documents from any organization. 

A short bit after that, CC announced a message along the lines of: "Hey there, the captain is missing, and you don't have the NAD or pinpointer. We can't send you new ones, but we've managed to pinpoint the NAD to somewhere in or near engineering.". So, I quickly drag the locker full of illegal stuff from engineering to space around the turbine, where I construct a secret room to make sure the stuff stays hidden. 

I venture off to hack the vault, grabbing a stethoscope from medbay before having some fun with grayant (I think), who was wanted for some reason and wanted something to do. Then I ordered the AI to let me into the vault, and got cracking This got a bit disturbed after some officers burst in to check the vault for xenomorphs, but a borg helped me out with that, and after a while I got the documents. 

I head back to my stash, only to discover than someone has broken into it and stolen the jetpack. I track them down with the pinpointer (it was the janitor) and engage in space combat, with us disarming eachother and hatchet bashing, but I won the fight thanks to healing from my flask of nothing.

I grab the jetpack, and head back to the stash, only to discover that, while I was gone, someone has stolen the NAD! Once more, I start tracking, eventually finding the culprit to be an atmos tech. And a vampire, as I found out after trying to fight them. I sprayed them with my firespray, which was ineffective as they were wearing the atmos hardsuit. They then proceeded to shoot me with their ebow, which they got from also being a traitor, and telling me to back off. Of course, I really needed that disk, so I used most of my TC to buy a revolver, which I emptied into them down a narrow maint tunnel, killing them whilst they missed their shots with the ebow. Sorry it had to be that way, buddy. At the end of the round, I checked his objectives, and he didn't even need any of the items he stole from me, which was his undoing, I suppose. I grabbed the disk, pocketed everything from the stash and felt quite pleased with myself. 

I headed back to engineering as the crew transfer shuttle gets called in, blocking the engipod hallway with RCD walls and celebrating with the borer I managed to pick up along the way. We rode off on the pod towards Central, and I got to bask on the clory of seeing 5 green lines below my name. 

This was the story of Mastergamer2 (Usually either Door Monster or Blue Puddle, in this case Sound Of Silence). 

Feel free to comment if you were a part of the round and want to add anything to the story, or if you just want to say/ask something! 

• Like 1
  • explodyparrot 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use