Crew Record: Rebekah Hunter

Name: Rebekah Hunter

Race: Human

Blood Type: A-

General Occupational Role(s): Medical, Engineering, Security, Mining

Biography: Rebekah Hunter joined Nanotrasen at the age of 25 in order to pay off debts related to the various cybernetics installed as a result of [REDACTED]. Further information about their life is unknown

Qualifications:

Medical: Surgeon's License, Chemical Synthesis Permit, Genetics License

Engineering: Particle-Accelerator Assisted Power Source Operations(PAAPSO) certification, double Associate's in Mechanical & Electrical Engineering Technology

Other: Certificate of Basic Combat Readiness

[CLASSIFIED NOTE]: Before departing for their shift, they must interact with a simulated environment that evaluates their memory, with job placement for said shift being determined by what areas of expertise have been retained.

Employment Records:

Undocumented

Security Records:

Due to classified circumstances, is vulnerable to Syndicate subversion.

Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should she be informed about hostile brainwashing upon deconversion.

[FURTHER INFORMATION RESTRICTED]

Medical Records:

After a surprise Syndicate attack, her right arm, right and left legs, heart, kidneys, and lungs were replaced with cybernetics.

In the possession of a cybernetic liver, though they have no recollection of how they got it, though they do have a recollection of the number thirteen when asked to figure out where the liver came from.

Personnel Photo (Appearance text): 5'8", white, average build, waist-length brown hair, greenish-brown eyes

Commendations [only to be added by admin]: N/A

Reprimands [only to be added by admin]: N/A

Other Notes: 

[ATTENTION: THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS RESTRICTED TO CENTRAL COMMAND PERSONNEL. PLEASE INPUT PASSWORD BEFORE PROCEEDING]

Classified: For Central Command and Nanotrasen Special Recovery Teams eyes ONLY: Recovery Procedures

Spoiler

General Recovery Procedure:  Upon confirmation of death, recovery team is to locate the subject using a locator device. Upon location of the subject, the immediate area is to be cleared of all witnesses. Once the area is cleared, the body is to be extracted from the location and taken to the nearest Nanotrasen facility with surgical and cloning capabilities(if this is not possible due to 'gibbing', the remains shall be burned until the chip is visible.) Upon arrival, the chip must be surgically removed from the brain and placed in an acidic substance until all other traces of biological matter are removed. The chip will then be directly inserted into a cloning tube and reconstruction of the subject will commence.

Unauthorized Clones: As any clones of the subject are not built around the chip, and thus, do not house their consciousness, they are not considered an iteration of the subject. After acquisition of the corpse of the main iteration, any clones are to be terminated discreetly, and general recovery procedure continues.

Anomalous Subversion: Upon the presence of anything that suppresses the subject's will, the chip will remove its interface with the brain and leave behind a consciousness in the brain nearly identical to the primary neural image stored in the chip, preserving the integrity of the subject's mind. Thus, if the subject is confirmed to be under the influence of any entity, whether through tumors, nanomachines, supernatural influences, or any unknown means, they are to be terminated, even if not hostile, and general recovery procedures are to continue. Upon completion of reconstruction, the subject is not to be informed of what happened, due to the profound damage to their psyche it can produce(NOTE: Despite protests from one executive(the one responsible for installing the chip), this last measure must remain in place. This is to ensure that they are still psychologically fit to work. Repeatedly dying, while traumatizing at first, now has minimal psychological impact. Due to innate personal beliefs, unwillingly falling under someone else's control will always have severe impact.)

Recovered Items: Journal

Spoiler

Day One

So the brain testing person(can't remember their name today, it seems) has recommended that I start writing some entries into this journal they gave me, says it'll help me keep track of what I've known at any point in time. Also said that I shouldn't be too worried about what I write down, since no one else will see it(hopefully not, because letting some average Joe see this would mean getting shot, again.) I guess I should start with the basics. My name's Rebekah Hunter, I'm a human, and I'm in my mid 30's. Great, already lying about something in the first paragraph.

Anyway, I was born on Mars sometime in 2253(one of the few days I can actually remember that.) For the most part, I had a fairly unremarkable life, and I think I went into construction as a career. Don't remember many of the projects I did, but I read that around my time, there was a whole lot of work being done on reinforcing buildings, after some Earther with a hammer and a bunch of explosives tore Mars a new one. What I do remember is being transferred somewhere else in 2287, don't know to what, though.

Everything else is a bit hazy today. All I can remember is the first time we met the Skrell, hearing news about how some group of walking cats were rising up against their masters, and my impromptu crash courses on surgery and first aid during the Kidan raids. Guess I've got aliens on the mind right now.

Day Two

I've never really understood bluespace. Come to think of it, no one else I knew did either, for a good couple of centuries. We had known it existed for at least 80 years before I was born, but all we could do with it was make some really crappy FTL drives, which was somehow still better than what they had back in the 20th and 21st centuries(they were launching things into space with chemicals because some old men and the sheep that voted them in were too scared of the much better method of nuclear pulse propulsion!) Anyway, we really weren't getting anywhere until someone discovered some plasma deposits on Mars. Speaking of which, today I remembered that I transferred to building the plasma mines in '87. That transfer is the reason I'm in the situation I'm in.

So there was this guy, real high up Nanotrasen executive. One day, they decided to come and visit the mine I was helping to build facilities for. He was just walking around, asking questions to random workers, including me. Before he showed up, I had been doing some cutting with a torch, and when they walked up, I turned off the torch and set it down on a table. As we're talking, he picks up the torch and starts fidgeting with it, probably didn't even realize his suit wasn't fire resistant, but kept fidgeting anyway. Then some guy walked up, plasma in hand, wanting to show him this brand new material that's all the rage. Moron then turns around, torch emitting a tight beam of metal-melting heat in his hand, right into the plasma the other guy was holding.

Area around us went up in flames, and none of us were in good shape afterwards. After I came to my senses, I think I muttered out "Huh, they're right, corporate suits really are an occupational hazard." Didn't notice that the idiot executive was right next to me. I think they heard what I said, because when I least expected it later, a bunch of men in black swooped in and whisked me away to one of Nanotrasen's buildings. Turns out, the guy had a real short temper and had no concept of basic human decency, because then I was plugged right into this big, alien machine. From what I've heard, they found it on some barren planet, and it creates these indestructible chips that store a person's consciousness and memories on them, which you stick in this special cloner that reconstructs them. Useful for when you need to stick around for a while. Could also use them to make someone suffer forever if you enabled the tracking device.

Day Three

Day Four

You know you're having a bad day when you forget how to write.

Since I've been around for a while, I've done all sorts of things. Gone on adventures across human space, learned all sorts of new skills, fought monsters, even learned Neo-Russikya from some USSP dude. Unfortunately, you can't hold on to everything at once. Most of the time, I wake up forgetting things, but also remembering other skills without knowing how I got them. Between this and the repeated painful deaths, I'm amazed that I'm still holding my sanity together, albeit with paper clips and chewing gum.

Also, the name is Psychiatrist, apparently.

Day Five

Stick around for a long time and you eventually start to go a little unhinged, especially when you compound that with the repeated dying and other nasty business. Honestly, part of that comes from the fact that I'm literally just doing the same things over and over, so I try to get creative with things. Judging by the reactions my patients had the last time I did surgery, my ideas aren't really reaching them. Come on, I didn't really stick pens in them! At least, I don't think I did...

But yeah, there's probably a reason why most species in this galaxy don't really live for more than 150 years, because if this is what you have to resort to just to stay sane, society would've failed long ago. Then again, you usually don't have a corporation hunting for your body every time you die.

Today, I remembered something. Apparently, I interacted with the USSP in a greater way than just through some dude. I remember living in some absolutely horrendous conditions, but I don't really think that was entirely their fault; it was just the bad hand they were dealt. Now that I remember this, I realized that SolGov might be lying about the history of the USSP(is that even their name? None of my memories involve seeing that name anywhere on their worlds, so it could've been invented to create unappealing connections to historical nations.) Rebelling because you're afraid you won't be able to drink as much vodka? Who would do that? Massacre part is very true, though.

Day Six

The sad thing about memories coming back up to the surface is how much I compare myself back then to how I am right now. Many bodies ago, I was going on adventures, dropping yachts on cult bases, stuff like that! That was back when I knew so much, but not enough to start losing it all. Would make for a heck of a story, though. Maybe during some down time on a shift, I can tell them to whoever will listen. As if they'll buy it, though. They'll think I'm telling tall tales. But maybe they'll like it. Tales of first contact, supposedly empty derelicts, stuff like that.

ERROR: NULL_ENTRY

Spoiler

Huh, so that's where my journal went. Been wondering what happened to it.

Can't believe that guy managed to crack into the records. Had no idea what he was doing, but then again, I don't really know much about computers. Guess I haven't really picked up on it over the centuries. Or did I? I don't know. Shame they couldn't figure out where to find that chip on the network, really wish they had. Would be nice to live without worrying about coming back with the memory of another gruesome death. Although, considering about what iteration I'm on right now, doesn't seem like that big of a deal.

So yeah, guess I can leave a message now. Already in this deep, couldn't possibly draw more ire from Nanotrasen, since Mr. "Oh, let's start a plasma fire" is already an incandescent ball of white-hot fury(that incident on Mars gave his appearance the perfect chance to reflect his personality!) Let's see here...crap, all this stressful work getting other people to do something for me and I don't even have anything witty to say.

Just going to leave it at that, then.

Edited by ImmortalRedshirt
Obsessively editing record
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use