Chat Load Issues: Help Requested!

Serenaede

Hi everyone! Past player returning after a few years, and looking to get a few games in during quarantine but I'm having a rather large problem that's preventing me playing and I would really appreciate some help in getting it sorted. I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to post, please let me know if it's not. 🙏🏼

Problem: When logging onto the Paradise Station server, the chat log doesn't load for me. I'm able to join and observe games, and do everything I might normally do, except the box never loads. Instead, I'm given the following error message: "Loading... If this takes longer than 10 seconds, it will automatically reload, multiple times if necessary. If it still doesn't work, please adminhelp (F1) and tell us your operating system and Internet Explorer version". I've spent up to an hour waiting for it to load alongside smaller intervals anywhere between 10-40 minutes before giving up.

My attempts to contact an admin in-game via the message above hasn't been met with success yet.

This has been ongoing for the past few days I've been trying to play, and unfortunately I don't know where else to go or who to speak with to see it fixed.

Relevant Information:
IE Ver: 11.719.18362.0

What I've tried:

• Byond in BETA and up to date.
  • Byond in Stable and up to date.
  • Uninstalled/Fresh install of Byond.
  • Ensured IE is up to date .
  • Wiped the byond cache and the IE cache.
  • Confirmed windows is up to date.
  • Checked other servers and confirmed chat to work there.
  • Restarted the computer.
  • Asked for help in #helpchat on the Paradise Station discord.

Thank you for all the suggestions so far, I look forward to playing with you all again soon!

Paradise-nochat.png

• Like 1

Well this has been a problem for a few people over the past few months. No idea why it breaks and why its only for Paradise.

The only fix I know that usually fixes it for whatever reason is making a new windows user and using that new user to play on Paradise. I have no idea why that works (my guess it is some user preference/setting that breaks it), but it fixed it for multiple people. It is possible that there are other easier fixes.

• Thanks 1
  • toolbox 1

I'll give this a go - if nothing else, at least I'll be able to play until a better solution comes along (hopefully). Thanks Dovixx!

EDIT: It worked! Thank you again~ 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Edited by Serenaede
  • explodyparrot 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use