species specific syndicate items

Nukechicken

basically add a new section of items for syndicate traitors of specific species

example items i thought of:

syndicate veils for vulpkanins that completely negate flashbang effects and serves as welding goggles

power crawl module  (something that can be directly applied to an ipc) that makes an ipc able to move through wires and control rooms when they stop at an apc, but makes that apc blue and trips a power alarm, essentially making you a much less powerfull ai (this one i think is pretty arguable for its balance)

spike thrower for vox, if you know what a vox raider is, you know why

cryokenisis injector for drask, or something to cause coldness in large areas

tajarans can have razor claw implants or something of the like

diona can have swiftness gene injector or space vine (maybe dehydrated or a grenade type)

skrell can have, honestly i have no idea i keep on thinking "something that can spread water that can drown you" but i dont think the water physics in paracode can handle that, or at the very least it'll look stupid and be easily avoidable

grey can have advanced stun baton or radiation gun or telekinesis injector

slime people can have red slime core or a compact slime grenade that creates many adult slimes

plasmaman can have a jumpsuit that keeps them from setting aflame but lets  their plasma flow out meaning they can slowly burn up maint (or all of station if they  disable scrubbers or make fires on targets burn slower) making this hijack only is admins choice

kidan can have humanoid-spray, that is basically extremely potent acid in a spray bottle (i find this something that could be a hilariously ironic way to die)

unathi can have "art of the tail" book that causes you to be able to stun people for 4 seconds ( or atleast not long enough to cuff but long enough to get people into a headlock) and do 30 damage with your tail that you forget in an hour as to keep things balanced and affortable under 12 tc so you can use it with hijack if wanted

please give your feedback on these item ideas and this suggestion as a whole

• Like 3

Power crawl sounds neat!

Skrell should have maybe some sorta hyper sea creature toxin, maybe they can get a stinger implant / gland / whatever. Paralysis or who knows what! Maybe give it a few different modes! 

Plasmamen..... maybe some relic from where they were located? Spooky purple skeletons they are... like... a Plasma Sword. Looks like a purple sword with runes, its flaming, does some some solid brute and minor burn damage, give its a nice parry chance and the ability to sometimes block projectiles. Make it very expensive. 

Humans should get some odd options too! Cooky cultural things perhaps. Not really sure what. 

All in all I really like the concept! Creates a cool dynamic for traitors and unique species choice. 

While the race specific traitor items idea sounds interesting, most of the ideas here are not well thought, either boring or overpowered.

Its really hard to come up with good traitor item, even harder when you are limited by them needing to keep the aesthetic of certain race.

For unathi it certainly has to have something to deal with their tail, i would suggest some kind of metal military tip that they install on tail, making tail sweeping a powerful ability but also it should give a text on examination.

For diona, i have an idea of "breeding" - some form of chemical that they drink, and a diona nymph is born (controlled by player) , which shares the objectives with its parent. May or may not be able to grow into a full diona.

For humans i can only think about the "i know the guy who knows the guy who knows the guy" type of item - which maybe works as a fax with syndicate access, or an item that gives direct communication access with syndi lavaland base, or its an item that reveals one ore more traitors 9nboard, or activates a "collaborator" for you, something like that.

Those are just my ideas for fun.

Anyway, for the idea to not be forgotten, you need to come up with 1 traitor item for each race, each should be balanced, interesting to use, and overall be adequate, it should be somewhat easy to code (not something that introduces a whole new mechanic just for that item for one race).

Also keep in mind, that if one of those items is  powerful enough for it to attract people to that race JUST so they can purchase said item when they are traitors, its bad item. All those items probably should be rather underpowered or niche, otherwise they would affect the game balance in a bad way.

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use