Yet another Spacemanspark complaint

Biolock

Admin(s) Key: @Spacemanspark
Your ckey (Byond username): Biolock
Your Discord name (if applicable): Crossman

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): 03-27

Nature of complaint:
(Select all that apply: EG - clarification required, misapplication of rules, misconduct, abuse of powers, feedback, other)
Links to all relevant ban appeals for any bans related to this complaint: 

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements): The long story short is a player and I were in disputes in the deadchat about whether me committing suicide was wrong or right, spacemansparks chimed up in deadchat saying something to the tune of, "You guys should discuss something else"; the two of us sent a few more messages back and fourth and then we both became quiet and spectated the round, 5 minutes later I'm hit with a 24 hour ban for a reason that I believe is unreasonable at best, and a power-trip at worst.

Full description of events: There really isn't too much more to add about this topic, the reason I was banned was for arguing with another player in deadchat. The request for us to stop arguing wasn't even administered as a request, let alone a demand(I think, I'd need access to your logs to actually confirm that), it was delivered as a suggestion. There was also zero disciplinary action/admin PMing until I was disconnected VIA ban.

Ultimate Complaint: As a long time former staff member of some other popular servers, I know you need to damn near commit murder in real life to get removed as an admin, but this is the third admin complaint in a row about this staff member. I realize it's easier to sweep incidents like this under the rug and allow players to take their unwarranted bans than it is to confront the staff member dishing them out, but it's the right thing to do. Granted some of it could probably be chalked up to luck; however all of the complaints are about how liberally Spacemanspark interacts with the rules and how little patience he demonstrates when interacting with the community.

Edited by Biolock
  • Like 1

First of all, let me address the whole "third complaint in a row" thing.

Quantity of complaints does not matter at all. It's the quality of them. They need to be actually upheld. Staff members have been stood down from a single complaint before. These complaints aren't at all being swept under the rug, each is being addressed on their own merits. If a complaint has merit, it will be upheld. If it doesn't, it won't be. Each is looked at on it's own merits, or lack of.

As for your actual complaint:

A day ban is appropriate for people who are getting worked up and being upset. You were asked to knock it off in deadchat, and you didn't. Thus you were given a time out. This is completely normal admin policy and enforcement of the rules. If you're getting upset over a video game, you need a break.

I'd also like to reference part of the rules here:

When it comes to suiciding, do not suicide upon getting caught, or when converted by a conversion Antagonist.

Looking at the whole situation, a day ban seems quite appropriate. I don't see any merit in this complaint.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use