Spacemanspark banning because he felt like it

Elllipsis

Admin(s) Key: Spacemanspark
Your ckey : Elllipsis
Your Discord name : Ellipsis #4923

Date(s) of incident: 22/03/26

445b84d39fb8233ab7d210df0f64dbcf.png

Nature of complaint:

Abuse of powers, misconduct, feedback? I'm not really sure what I'd call it.

Brief description tl;dr :

Admin didn't like that I wanted to walk around the outside of the syndicate lavaland base, even though I didn't step outside, I got banned instantly.

For 24 hours... Which is basically two days considering the time it was. Sparks felt I should read the rules for two days straight despite no infraction made.

Full description of events:

I'd like to begin with, I actually enjoy Spacemanspark, he has been a fair admin. I don't think they deserve to be penalized, but I think there's something wrong here.

I was already dead so I spawned at the lavaland syndicate base, to my knowledge as long as you were around or in the base it'd be okay, I wasn't planning on raiding the mining base or venturing out to seek others or whatever the admin thought I was going to do. I actually never even stepped outside either however I'm sure someone at the base ahelped that I said I was going to go outside, of course not OUT OUT side, just at the base. Spacemanspark automatically banned me for 24 hours because he felt I didn't read the big bold letters stating the rules of the base, and because he felt there were previous notes already about me and I should definitely be banned so I could read the rules for 24 hours? based on the time of the "offence" it'd be like 2 days for me? 

why in gods name would you ban me if I hadn't even broken a god damn rule? I understand if there's prejudice or some sort ignant outlook towards me, but please for the love of god you literally banned me just because you felt I should read the rules? a implication that I haven't and I broke a rule to begin with? Not considering I'm a old player who recently joined the station and was learning. 

It's already been roughly 12 hours and I would like to be unbanned, but thank you for your time and reading this otherwise. I would appreciate a reply, or thoughts on the situation.

Edited by Elllipsis

Hey there, 

So I'm aware this is a complaint against SpacemanSpark, but I believe it was my reasoning that prompted him to administer a dayban.

To further explain:

1. Despite clearly being an advanced player mechanically, you've committed rather vital mistakes such as completely dismantling/destroying telecomms in an effort to loot it, despite it being clearly labeled & the roundtype being extended.
  2. Bragged in Dchat about your, "Powergame", in which you had accumulated multiple insta-stun weapons, cuffs, ect.
  3. Incited a rebellion in cargo for a rather poor reason

This was all done in the span of (and I'm not exaggerating) 24 hours. As such, I voiced my opinion that any future rule-breaks we not be lenient on, so, while your complaint is against Spacemanspark, it was done due to my observations/prompt. 

1. NO where does it state I'm leaving to go the station to kill everyone and screw around.  Or whatever your implication/assumption is.

2. I didn't deflect the issue, I literally asked what I did wrong, especially if I didn't even step outside. Yes Lavaland is quite the interesting place anyways, if there's a goliath standing outside I would not like to die in the front door. 

3. I actually dm'd admin about this, I told them I made a appeal second so it doesn't seem like I'm asking for a appeal but it's more of a concern for records on both parts of the forum.

4. So you're admitting I didn't break any rules? I didn't step outside and was just automatically banned so I can read the rules when I didn't break them? IC and OOC, it's easy to make things seem how you will but yes, read the logs, I didn't do anything wrong at all. 

To be clear, the 24 hours I'm speaking of was in reference to a chain of events that happened yesterday, not today or in relation to this ban. They are merely to explain my reasoning for why I recommended what I did.

Apologies for the confusion, a Head Admin will handle this when available.

@da man 

1. Thank you for complimenting me as a advanced player, however I'm still new to the server, looting space is kind of harmless, the telecomms thing was never brought up to me as a warning, but yes it is mischief for sure, I was in brig for the rest of the round because of it.

2. I said I normally suitup/rig up. Having zip ties and a stun prod is not powergaming, if you do consider it so, than I apologize. 

3. Please read  all this before jumping any more guns about the whole cargo thing. I'm tired of hearing it again and again. None of that has to do with me, it was not my fault. 

1 minute ago, Elllipsis said:

1. NO where does it state I'm leaving to go the station to kill everyone and screw around.  Or whatever your implication/assumption is.

[2020-03-25T21:42:46] SAY: elllipsis/(Syndicate Bioweapon Scientist) (119,120,5): sup

[2020-03-25T21:50:20] SAY: elllipsis/(Syndicate Bioweapon Scientist) (111,112,5): seya later losers

[2020-03-25T21:52:18] SAY: elllipsis/(Syndicate Bioweapon Scientist) (135,132,5): WHERES THE DAMN EXIT

[2020-03-25T21:53:34] SAY: elllipsis/(Syndicate Bioweapon Scientist) (110,112,5): HOW THE HELL DO WE LEAVE THIS AREA

[2020-03-25T21:53:42] SAY: elllipsis/(Syndicate Bioweapon Scientist) (108,113,5): WHAT

[2020-03-25T21:53:51] SAY: elllipsis/(Syndicate Bioweapon Scientist) (108,113,5): Ithis is lame

[2020-03-25T21:53:54] SAY: elllipsis/(Syndicate Bioweapon Scientist) (108,113,5): I'm breaking out

2 minutes ago, Elllipsis said:

2. I didn't deflect the issue, I literally asked what I did wrong, especially if I didn't even step outside.

[2020-03-25T21:56:34] ADMIN: PM: Spacemanspark->Elllipsis/(Syndicate Bioweapon Scientist): Why are you trying to leave the lavaland base?

[2020-03-25T21:56:44] ADMIN: PM: Elllipsis/(Syndicate Bioweapon Scientist)->Spacemanspark: There's no outter area?

[2020-03-25T21:57:08] ADMIN: PM: Spacemanspark->Elllipsis/(Syndicate Bioweapon Scientist): There is, but you're not allowed to leave the base as a syndicate lavaland team member.

[2020-03-25T21:57:26] ADMIN: PM: Elllipsis/(Syndicate Bioweapon Scientist)->Spacemanspark: aren't we allowed in the outter part? just not to venture to the main base?

[2020-03-25T21:57:43] ADMIN: PM: Spacemanspark->Elllipsis/(Syndicate Bioweapon Scientist): No, you aren't. Please stop doing so.

[2020-03-25T21:57:53] ADMIN: PM: Elllipsis/(Syndicate Bioweapon Scientist)->Spacemanspark: I mean. I didn't go anywhere

2 minutes ago, Elllipsis said:

3. I actually dm'd admin about this, I told them I made a appeal second so it doesn't seem like I'm asking for a appeal but it's more of a concern for records on both parts of the forum.

You actually DM'd them, saying that you'd delete it, as if you expected them to start groveling to you. Admins share stuff, we all saw what you said.

3 minutes ago, Elllipsis said:

4. So you're admitting I didn't break any rules? I didn't step outside and was just automatically banned so I can read the rules when I didn't break them? IC and OOC, it's easy to make things seem how you will but yes, read the logs, I didn't do anything wrong at all. 

You attempted to break the rules, to which an admin stepped in and stopped you, to which you then tried to argue specifics that "I didn't break any rules, because I hadn't broken them yet".

A head of staff will handle it when they can, but you attempting to argue specifics, posting in other admin complaints again to argue specifics, and posting ban appeals over a day ban while once more arguing specifics and rule lawyering is not helping your case.

Right, and I was perma banned and this was already talked about, Kyet said they would change notes for all of this, we talked on discord. 

This is again just jumping the gun. I was banned already for that specific reason he said I was banned for and I explained the situation.

You're obviously making a big deal out of this then? What is my ban for exactly if I'm not breaking the rules then? in IC if I wanted to go outside the base I could then? Sounds more like a IC thing than a rule breaking then then if I didn't go outside or break any rules. 

Yes, I didn't break any rules. that's a fact, not deflecting the issue. Especially if I had no idea there was a way of going way out? I wasn't planning to. Which is what I stated even, thank you for showing everyone that part.

Stop putting words in my mouth, I absolutely did not attempt to break rules, none of it was broken and I stated I wasn't going to either. No I wasn't asking for admin to grovel at me, I even told admin I didn't want any trouble and I wanted to be cool with them since we've had past interactions, I just wanted to be treated fairly and have this sorted out, obviously you guys share shit with each other, I'm really not that naive and stupid. 

And I didn't leave the base, someone panicked and maybe ahelped? I already explained what happened. I wasn't going to leave the vicinity, right after I said that you jumped the gun and banned me. I even stated I wasn't going to leave the vicinity and there didn't seem to be a way to. I was merely at the base, and again I said this many times already to you. I didn't leave the base.  No rules were broken at all.

Edited by Elllipsis
To state yet again, I didn't break rules

Copy and pasting that image on both sides of the forum really doesn't prove anything, especially since we discussed and talked about this previously in the chat, and we showed logs about it. 

Again, no rules broken, no attempt to go against admin or "deflect" which ever term you want to use, I simply stated I hadn't went outside and I was staying the vicinity of the base. 

You automatically banned me on the spot to read rules for 2 days. 

Edited by Elllipsis
woops disregard, I'm going through so much of the forum back and fourth I misread/mis-saw which part was what inbetween tabs

As Aby has pointed out, you certainly had the intent to. The only reason you didn't manage to do so is because you didn't know how, despite your best efforts.
Yes, intention to break the rules is still a breach of the rules. This is the same thing as claiming you didn't break the rules because your attempt to RDM someone failed miserably, for example.

I made an attempt to talk to you and you were unhelpful and obviously unwilling to listen in PMs. Thusly, you were banned. You can wait it out.

Edited by Spacemanspark

I did not have the intent to, especially if I told you not. You can't assume that I was going to if I didn't and even told you I didn't know how if there was. If I'm a "advanced player" I'm sure I would have done, attempted to, and didn't make it a IC conversation to get in shit by a admin.  RDMing someone and failing miserably? I was a antag and I thought the detective had lethals and obviously was in to stop me from completing a objective, me getting weapons and then the detective coming in and out of the closet and whining on comms about me? As a antag yes, I will kill him since I'm actually a antag. It was not RDM. RDM would have been muderboning and killing others just because "I can". You're trying really hard to make me look like crap to justify your actions.  

There was absolutely no intent to break rules especially if it's in the logs that I told you I wasn't. 

and in the logs to tell you that I actually didn't do anything wrong or step outside the station.

Edited by Elllipsis
to also add that I didn't break the rules since it's in the logs that I didn't (I'm repeating myself again and again it seems like since it's not obvious enough I didn't break the rules.)

Please do not follow this message with "b-but you have the intent" when I never had the intent, I responded that I didn't know and didn't step out or was going to go out. 

Or to bring up past things when I already told you my part of the story in another part of the forum, and I privately spoke to Kyet about. 

I really really really really REALLY don't mean any of this facetiously at all, or with impudence. Sorry if it does seem like it.

We're just going back and forth and back and forth. The facts are in the logs, sorry if I'm making others look bad, but I really don't mean to, this is just in my opinion unjustified. 

It's very infuriating/stressful

Edited by Elllipsis
added it was infuriating to go back and fourth

@Abydos 

I understand you're trying to stick up for your friend and you're there on their behalf, from the ban appeal  to this convo, but you also weren't the one who banned me. You weren't there in the situation, doesn't know anything in the past conversations/bans. You're merely jumping ship and trying to take control of it. I don't see why you're trying to argue/cherrypick/put words in my mouth trying to tell me what my intentions are when the logs you posted yourself shows I'm not trying to fight with the admin. I didn't break rules and I displayed my intentions, that I hadn't left or went anywhere. I was instantly banned on the spot so I could "read the rules" for two days. 

5 minutes ago, Elllipsis said:

You weren't there in the situation, doesn't know anything in the past conversations/bans. You're merely jumping ship and trying to take control of it.

[2020-03-25T21:51:33] ADMIN: PM: Abydos2->Purified Golden Wraith: You could say you sense it, or try to convince the cultist to reveal himself. Up to you how you play it out, as the cult is being rather... you know... non-existing at the moment.

[2020-03-25T21:51:48] ADMIN: PM: Purified Golden Wraith->Abydos2: I noticed, anyway thanks man.

[2020-03-25T21:52:05] ADMIN: Abydos2 checked antagonists

[2020-03-25T21:53:18] ADMIN: Abydos2 modified Purified Golden Wraith's desc to A warm radiating bladed shell contraption piloted by a purified spirit

[2020-03-25T21:54:37] ADMIN: Adminhelp: Syndicate Comms Agent: when you get the time, one of the Syndie bio wepons peoples is trying to "break out" of the base and leave with full gear and a balloon - heard by 3 non-AFK admins.

38 minutes ago, Abydos said:

[2020-03-25T21:54:37] ADMIN: Adminhelp: Syndicate Comms Agent: when you get the time, one of the Syndie bio wepons peoples is trying to "break out" of the base and leave with full gear and a balloon - heard by 3 non-AFK admins.

Check the logs. I  didn't leave the base, was a IC issue as I didn't do anything wrong, I didn't see ways to get out, stated what my intentions were. What I did. Someone ahelping you can literally say whatever they want. I can ahelp you right now stating whatever I want and you can still quote it on here. Does not mean I was going to do anything wrong. This is strictly IC issue as I didn't know there was a way I could leave the base. 

"[2020-03-25T21:53:18] ADMIN: Abydos2"

I was talking about the other past things people keep bringing up, whether it's notes or etc, not the present situation. 

This also counts for when you declined a appeal directed at another admin.

Edited by Elllipsis
The admin quoting the game he was in, so I wanted to show he was only quoting that game, but I meant in all retrospect

Hi there.

First of all, the title: "banning because he felt like it".

This is not at all the case, and is a pretty dodgy way to frame your side of the story. 

As for the actual ban itself - to me this seems pretty clear intention of trying to leave the base.

[2020-03-25T21:42:46] SAY: elllipsis/(Syndicate Bioweapon Scientist) (119,120,5): sup

[2020-03-25T21:50:20] SAY: elllipsis/(Syndicate Bioweapon Scientist) (111,112,5): seya later losers

[2020-03-25T21:52:18] SAY: elllipsis/(Syndicate Bioweapon Scientist) (135,132,5): WHERES THE DAMN EXIT

[2020-03-25T21:53:34] SAY: elllipsis/(Syndicate Bioweapon Scientist) (110,112,5): HOW THE HELL DO WE LEAVE THIS AREA

[2020-03-25T21:53:42] SAY: elllipsis/(Syndicate Bioweapon Scientist) (108,113,5): WHAT

[2020-03-25T21:53:51] SAY: elllipsis/(Syndicate Bioweapon Scientist) (108,113,5): Ithis is lame

[2020-03-25T21:53:54] SAY: elllipsis/(Syndicate Bioweapon Scientist) (108,113,5): I'm breaking out

Reading that, it's pretty obvious you're going to try to break out and leave the area. On top of the ahelp received, it very much looks like you're going to break out. I'm not sure what else someone would think from all that.

Considering you've gotten now 6 different notes in 4 days, and less than 20 hours playtime, it's safe to assume a day off to see how seriously this is taken and giving you a chance to properly read the rules in that time is quite fair. After a certain point, warnings aren't enough, and a time out is needed. This is quite reasonable.

The complaint is deceptively titled and without merit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use