Changes to SR/Slimes/Vox/Uncloneables

Ridgyaxe

Players at this moment in time, either do not seem to care about using SR willy nilly the moment they get an uncloneable corpse, or they are maliciously using it to gib people. Of my last 5 vox deaths, it has resulted in 5 gibbings by SR, resulting in a ruined round for the rest of the game, until the next one. Frankly, I'm quite tired of this happening. As a result, I am proposing one of two things to occur to prevent this from happening still.

1-Give Strange Reagent a hard warning, similar to that of SSD warnings. When a player attempts to adminster SR, make them acknowledge the risks and that the body has to be under 200 brute and burn total, in order for it to work. Toxin and O2 damage does not count towards that total.

2-Make all races cloneable. With 'newcrit' making bodies unrevivable in ~2 minutes now, unless a doctor is immediately jumping on that vox/slime body (sometimes plasmamen), that corpse is going to become unrevivable, and needs to cloned. This is fine for all races, except the vox and slimes, who suffer greatly from this mechanic as a result. 

• Like 1

A warning on SR would be neat, though:

Coming from a vox main player: Going to have to give a hard -Support on the idea that vox become cloneable, part of the reason it's impossible is you can't clone a vox's "brain", the stack is not organic and is beyond what NT is capable of understanding or even reproducing. Its tech that was created by an enigmatic species that is untold millennia old as a whole, and beyond its "public" face of the primalis who conduct raids and do work and oddjobs beyond their arks, not much else if anything is really known about the arks, let alone the tech that allows a vox to essentially be immortal so long as their stack survives to be reimplanted into a new host.

To make them clonable would be to remove their concept of a cortical stack, which would fundamentally change who they are as a species.

You can scan and clone a humanoids thoughts, memories and create a perfect copy that is just a new version of them.

You can't make a new vox unless you ARE the Vox.

Edit: A side note about the new crit 2 minute timer, a PR is currently in the works for bumping that up back up to 5 minutes and seems widely supported

https://github.com/ParadiseSS13/Paradise/pull/13006

Edited by BlackDog
  • Like 1

Disagreeing with making them cloneable. However. A warning WOULD be a very nice change and something that would probably be easily coded in, something I might consider doing and seeing if maints agree myself. Also, it's under 150 combined brute/burn/genetic, not 200. If it's 200 they'll definitely gib.

Getting gibbed is a price you have to pay as a vox, being cute can't be free and paper bones arent enough!  If you get gibbed you can at least laugh at the guy who did it and call all the D-chat to spook him. The idea about warning is godly though! If someone gibs regardless of that i'd say if someone lacks basic ability to READ as a medical doctor then i'd could be a clue towards admemes that someone is griefing, maybe.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here's an idea for how unclonable organic species could be dealt with. Make it so that their bodies can be cloned, but not their brains. Using a Vox as an example, when you stick a dead Vox in the clone chamber, you'll get a message saying something along the lines of "Unclonable neurological tissue detected. Comatose body requiring brain transplant will be created." The cloning machine will spit out a comatose copy of the dead Vox. You'll then have to do a brain transplant from the dead body to the new one to finish the revival process.

TLDR: Let the cloning machine make comatose clones of unclonable species for the purpose of brain transplants.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use