Slime People or Kidan

Boxy

Hello, ive been saving karma since i became a mechanic and i am now at 26 karma,  The next thing i hope to get is a new race to play with  but i am torn on two races that appeal to me.   Those two as mentioned in the title are Kidan and Slime People,  Ive read the wiki about them and they both sound compatible.  

Reasons i like kidan:  Robust, Gritty accent. 

Reasons i like Slimepeople:  Highly resistant,  Cool design

(And i have a third option i am slight considering)   Vox:  can't love but are lovable.

if you want please tell me if you know anything about those races that is not told in the wiki and is not obvious at first sight,  Tell me about your experiences as those races and unique things they can do.

My position is insanely biased but vox are insanely cute, robust and helpful: the perfect crewmember to be or know! Vox are like family, a family You hug a lot with (and conspire against nanotrasen of course). 

If you ever wear a gas mask instead of the default one, Your mere presence alone in barely lit maints will strike fear into the hearts of anyone dumb enough to not run away the moment they smelled(?) the embodiment of evil and doom. Your lungs will be free of dust and You will have MANY trees, I know that sounds great. It is.

Understandable. I don't know much about kidan, slimes are usually robust but thats probably lie and i think so only because Reagan exists. Um... You are going to get malpracticed on little bit less as slime unlike on vox...thats a good thing..

<------------------Highly Bias towards being vox: Being a vox takes a certain kind of player what with the inviolate, voxspeak, being made of literal glass and having 99% of all locations being lethal to you without a mask, and it's not for everyone but in the end it all comes down to a few factors:

Which races look do you like more?

Which races lore do you like more?

Which races boons/Malices do you like more?

Which race do you think you'd have more fun with?

Ask yourself the above and you will probably have your answer

Edited by BlackDog

I have a small bias toward slime,  is the truth   probably can tell by my pfp.  But i am willing to try anything,  i just want to know more details about all those races to make sure i pick the one ill stick with.  Because after that ill be saving for bluesheild.

And i also like the idea of an ant person,  wile their lore doesn't really inspire me.  Plus their traits sound pretty robust and intresting.

Edited by Boxy

Kida are fun to play just because you're a strong bug dude. They are a scarce sight on the Cyberiad. For better or worse, people will notice you and you will most likely be memorable just for being one of the kidan players -- They're all pretty distinct and things like DNA scramblers and chameleon kits don't really work. Mechanically, the "no eyewear" thing is a pain in the ass if you play medical or security, but you can adjust with time in your own way or get implants. (As someone that plays a kidan that exclusively plays either sec or medical.)

Slimes are also fun to play because they're little goo people. They're a tad more common and fit into disguises much easier than Kida, partly because of their very human anatomy. They cannot be revived on death without quick recovery, monkey-man clones, cyborgification, or skilled doctors with a supply of mitocholide and strange reagent, which is really their main mechanical drawback. Slippery blood also causes a hilarious shitshow during an emergency, with dying people slipping where dying slime people came through.

Kidan customization is high-quality, and a bit more diverse than humans. You can change antennae, eyes (which make up a good portion of your sprite, mind you!), horns, and body accents (which affect your biolamp colors.) People seem to physically ID kida by eye color.
Slime customization is very human and limited -- The only real difference is you can change the color of your slime. This slime color is probably what people will ID you by.

Edited by NTSAM
  • Like 2

Slippery blood sounds amazing especially combined with their regen ability is what makes me think ill go with slime.  Kida is pretty high there  and i  would go for it but the whole no glass thing kind of kill me.

I am largely in favor of kidan. Yeah, that no glasses thing really hurts, I will admit, but i find the lore, aesthetics, and quirks to be worth it. If you want an extra challenge as an antag, kidan are also great. Their brute resistance is good for brawls, the lack of eyewear means outside a welding helmet or implant a flash will take you down, and, as I discovered the other day, being the only of your species on station makes disguising yourself interesting, to say the least. Slime people seem to he stronger with their slipping blood and regen, but I reckon kidan make for a fun challenge.

Plus, love their lore. I'm a sucker for good/interesting lore ❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good news everyone, after witnessing the robustness  of bionics  and what they can do mending all problems.  So i decided to get kida and focus on maximizing robustness.

• Like 1
  • fastparrot 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use