Make Med ERT Great Again

EmeliaSyn

Hey, so the long and short of it, Red Level Medical ERT, hereby shortened to RedM ERT, are woefully underequip to do their job very effectively. I cant say the ones above are bad, as they have the heal guns and those things are rather OP. But the assortment of med kits you are given as Red ERT is not really enough to do much for the squads injuries, let alone treat a station's needs. I know you technically can get materials from Medical, but with the volatile nature of when ERT are called in, Medical is not always accessible or properly stocked if they are particularly slammed. Now that is what I see is the problem, I will try to define what I think is a viable solution as someone who knows their way around medical decently, as I dont want to make the kit too complicated to avoid newer players who get Red ERT and cant understand the uses for the meds they have. 

I think the kit assortment is good, it has every major kit for the different injury types, however I think that changing their contents around may be best to solve this while keeping them from becoming walking medbays. Or if that is difficult to code, then providing meds/nanomed machine on the CC station for the RedM ERT to grab and replace with the current contents of the first aid kits. First, It doesnt have to be a super complicated set of meds, they dont need the plethora of stuff chem can make, they just need things like multiple bottles of Epinephrine, Saline, Atropine, and Charcoal. A few med kits of those should be more than enough to stabilize most people they run across that have more than minor injuries. Second, I definitely think patches are great for their near instant healing quickly, however they are not adequate for dealing with more than one to two patients. I'd simply just trade out the patches for Trauma Kits and Burn Kits, this would be relatively simple by changing the med kit (white)to an advanced one (red). Thirdly, I would give them a pill bottle, just one will do, but it will help to keep their inventory a lot smaller while also allowing them a one stop shop for accessing multiple pill types instead of having to go to each differing med kit for the particular pills they may need. I wouldnt worry about putting anything in it if thats hard to code, however if possible putting 3 Salbutamol, Mannitol, and Mutadone pills would be more than enough on top of the ones that come in the kits. Finally, if med kit adjustments isnt too hard to code, I'd suggest honestly taking all the health analyzers and emergency auto-injectors out. Those eat up precious space in those kits, as a doctor has to keep a lot of medical materials on them, and they provide little to no use especially the extra health analyzers. 

Other than those changes I have listed above, I dont think the Red ERT needs any other true medical supplies. However it should be noted that their gun is a tad useless in my opinion, but with room concerns already for the RedM ERT, I dont have any properly good ideas to suggest changing that other than stating they feel rather weak because of it. Maybe giving them the WT-550 gun may be a decent solution, keeping them weaker than Security ERT, but still a higher ammo capacity while still being small enough to fit in their backpack or on their back. 

To summarize in bullet form just to ensure clarity.
-Keep the multitude of Medkits, but alter their contents to properly suit an ERT's job, or provide extra meds in the CC station ERT spawn at. 
-Meds that ERT would benefit greatly from: Charcoal, Epinephrine, Saline-Glucose, and Atropine.
-Replace patches with or add, Trauma Kits and Burn Kits to their loadout. Or again provide a supply of them in the CC station, as they are much more useful long term than patches.
-A pill bottle, preferably filled with Salbitamol, Mannitol, and Mutadone, however just the bottle would be enough for space management and ease of access to multiple pills at the same time.
-Remove extra health analyzers and emergency auto-injectors from all health kits ERT spawn with, and replace with further meds or leave empty for RedM ERT to fill themselves.
-Better gun option than the energy gun for RedM ERT.

I hope this was somewhat concise and coherent enough. If there are any questions, or if someone feels I missed something, please feel free to say so. These are just ways I think the RedM ERT can be changed to assist their job and not make them essentially glorified combat nurses. 

Edited by EmeliaSyn

Oh well thats good to know, I dont have any actual coding experience, and I know that this engine is a tad..... Funky at times, so I didnt want to offer changes to the inventory if those were hard to code, without giving at least two different solutions to the same problem. But if that stuff isnt hard to do, then I'd honestly say just messing with the first aid kits loadouts to add med chems and the such would be great for their overall ability to actually be useful. Just a single med kit with 2 epinephrine, 2 saline, 2 atropine, and 2 charcoal would allow them to stabilize around 5-10 people just with those, compared to barely being able to stabilize 5 people with all their kits contents. 

Note: I have edited it, however I improperly said Ephedrine instead of Epinephrine. The latter is the med that I meant to reference.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use