New Job Specific Traitor Items

Veterankyl

There are currently a few jobs that are lacking any sort of job specific or useful job specific traitor items, which in my opinion are some of the must fun and interesting traitor items in the game. This is a list of items that I came up with that could be added to some of the jobs that lack items that are specific to their job. There are some items that are available for an entire department, but I feel like there are some important jobs that should at least get one item that is unique to them. Do note these are likely very unbalanced, and the TC cost is just a shot in the dark at a potential value.

Chief Engineer, The Supermatter Sliver (10 TC): A tiny piece of super-matter contained within a magnetic field vial. This sliver is able to vaporize anything that comes in contact with it, but only has one use and takes ten seconds to free from the vial. It's also slightly radioactive, so it's recommended to have some form of protection or use it quickly. Can be used to disintegrate bodies (leaves a bone pile and all the person's belongings behind), delete doors, or dispose of incriminating evidence. Ages 3+. Do not swallow.

Chief Medical Officer, Implantable Chemical Synthesizer (15 TC): The most convenient tool available for making any chem you may need. When implanted, this device gives an action button that brings up a list of several useful chemicals. Selecting one will let you dispense that chem into any container you're currently holding. Perfect for if you need to give yourself a quick heal, or your assassin target is suddenly in the medbay. The implant is detectable on body scanners and is destroyed when removed through surgery. If you're EMPed, the dispenser will inject YOU with several random chemicals from the list.

Mechanic, Spacepod Combat Upgrade (15 TC): Scrap that civilian pod for something more robust. Replaces the pod's civilian armor with the much tougher military grade armor and installs a set of burst lasers on your pod. Now you can show the Sec pod pilot who's boss.

Coroner, Cloning Prevention Kit (10 TC): Got someone that you don't want to be cloned? This kit contains all you need to keep someone from being properly identified. The kit contains a chemical injector that erases a person's DNA, turning them into a completely unknown person to medical scanners. If used on a living person, this will cause severe brute, toxin, and organ damage, likely killing them if they don't get medical attention. They'll essentially become unclonable, and any attempt to do so will give the error message that they have no readable DNA. Also, any sort of medical scanner will show them as having no DNA. You best hope medbay knows how to perform alternative revival operations.

Cargo, Drop Pod Request Tablet (10 TC): This device allows you to order items to any location with a beacon. Before use, the tablet must be used on a cargo console. When you order something, the item will draw points from the station's account, and show up on the console as being a request for the requested item by an unknown person. Deconstructing the console will unlink the tablet. This is a good way to get those items that the QM won't approve, or get those crates you don't want your cargo techs to steal.

Librarian, Book of Forbidden Knowledge (15 TC): (I know Librarians already have an item, but they could honestly use another given their lack of access or dangerous materials and tools) This book contains several secrets and practices that would normally get an individual marked as a cultist or wizard. When read, the book grants the user three random spells and abilities from the pool available to cultists. There won't be any explicitly dangerous spells like fireball or blood boil, but ones more aimed at stealth and evasion. Potential Wizard spells include Knock, Blink, Recall Item, Forcewall, and Magic Missile. Potential Cult Spells include Stun, Shackle, Hallucination, EMP, and Arming.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Big fan of the Coroner one as well as the Librarian one (I'm generally a fan of antag items that can be used to confuse people as to what kind of antag they're facing)

I'd love more job-specific items, too, but there may be some problems with this proposal.

Librarian, Book of Forbidden Knowledge (15 TC): The problem I see here is that Wizard/Cult spells can't be removed from someone who uses this item. So, Sec may have to deal with a confirmed traitor... who keeps Blinking out of perma/execution, and can't be contained.

Mechanic, Spacepod Combat Upgrade (15 TC): The Mechanic is a Karma job, giving Mechanic players laser guns and pod armour, (especially given that Space Pod Pilots aren't guaranteed every round) is... yipes, it's something. You could already do this if you have access to R&D as a traitor, but this just makes it trivial.

Chief Engineer, The Supermatter Sliver (10 TC): Well.. easy permakills aren't great, one-use portable crematoriums aren't great either. (Even if this one requires rad protection to use.) A traitor CE could take their ID and advanced hardsuit off and replace it with a regular engineer suit, grab a stunprod, and some cable cuffs, and completely punk their target without much effort, and with no chance of them getting back. (Since most people don't do pre-scans.)

Chief Medical Officer, Implantable Chemical Synthesizer (15 TC): Might be reasonable, but it all depends on what's on the list. :P

13 hours ago, nokko said:

I'd love more job-specific items, too, but there may be some problems with this proposal.

Librarian, Book of Forbidden Knowledge (15 TC): The problem I see here is that Wizard/Cult spells can't be removed from someone who uses this item. So, Sec may have to deal with a confirmed traitor... who keeps Blinking out of perma/execution, and can't be contained.

Mechanic, Spacepod Combat Upgrade (15 TC): The Mechanic is a Karma job, giving Mechanic players laser guns and pod armour, (especially given that Space Pod Pilots aren't guaranteed every round) is... yipes, it's something. You could already do this if you have access to R&D as a traitor, but this just makes it trivial.

Chief Engineer, The Supermatter Sliver (10 TC): Well.. easy permakills aren't great, one-use portable crematoriums aren't great either. (Even if this one requires rad protection to use.) A traitor CE could take their ID and advanced hardsuit off and replace it with a regular engineer suit, grab a stunprod, and some cable cuffs, and completely punk their target without much effort, and with no chance of them getting back. (Since most people don't do pre-scans.)

Chief Medical Officer, Implantable Chemical Synthesizer (15 TC): Might be reasonable, but it all depends on what's on the list. 😛

For the librarian. Perhaps the spells could be tied to the book itself. So long as you have the book on your person, you can use the spells. If the book is removed, you loose access to the spells.

For the Mechanic. There's already a karma job with a traitor weapon. The barber has a pair of '(Not) safety scissors' they can buy for TC. Also, the pod pilot can already print lasers for their pod and emmag the case it comes in for 6 TC. What you're really getting out of this combat upgrade kit is additional armor for the pod.

For The CE. Perhaps there could be more danger involved in using the SM shard. It could have a unique sound effect while it's being used, which could easily alert someone nearby. Another thing, given the volatile nature of the Supermatter, were you to be bumped or involuntarily moved during the ten seconds it takes to use it, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for you to accidentally touch yourself with the shard. That wouldn't end well for you. If that's not enough, perhaps the shard will gib any bodies it comes in contact with instead of disintegrating them.

Edited by Veterankyl

• 1 month later...
On 5/5/2020 at 7:43 PM, nokko said:

Security has exact procedures how to deal with such situations. Uncontainable targets are to be killed rather than detained. So its really the Librarian choice if he wants to risk being an KoS.

Before you say thats unfair there are other tator items that make you KoS, for example, Holoparasite. 

The other way you could go around it is that spells are only possible when actively holding the book.

• 3 weeks later...

The cargo drop pod tablet is a cool idea. There’s already the null crate system for traitors in cargo to try for extra gear, but I’ve noticed that with how crowded the station gets, it’s essentially impossible to pull off discretely—placing illicit orders is difficult enough since the QM, AI, HoP and other cargo techs can all see what orders are being queued and by who, and then of course actually retrieving a null crate from cargo when there’s so many other cargo techs around is a crapshoot at best.

The supermatter sliver is an interesting idea. Permadeath is always a brutal business, but it’s already available to the chaplain, traitor chefs, and can be done through a few more complex means (splashing acid on a brain as a chemist or scientist, as one example). It’s also worth pointing out that the cult has a functionally similar ability with soul shards, which come in plentiful supply, and if a sec player dies to a cultist it’s almost a guarantee they’ll be soul sharded.

If I was going to suggest anything, I’d recommend that disintegrating someone with an SM shard should require them to be dead or subdued for a lengthy period of time. For instance, it shouldn’t be possible to casually stun prod someone in public then have them disintegrated before anyone can even bother to type out “help sec”.

That's such a great idea- Hope it gets added to the game!

(The mechanics and CEs job specific items are the best in my opinion)

Edited by Accinator50

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use