Fixing Genetics

Xeno

Genetics in my opinion is not a fun job, sure you can get powers but the process is tedious at best and enraging at worst.

The average shift of a geneticist goes like this, role the dice till you get a number higher then 800, test it on your self if it gives a defect great on to the next one if it doesn’t role the dice till you get a higher and harder number to reach, if it works great on to the next one if it doesn’t role till you get even higher, if it doesn’t work you have to try the same syringe again because of the failure rate. Sense theres so few blank genes odds are your unlucky so wait for a syringe to recharge again again and again.

I personally suggest replacing it with /tg/‘s genetic system. I haven’t had a chance to try /tg/‘s system yet but from what i read on the wiki it definitely seems a lot less luck based and more puzzle based and takes on a more interactive role with players being able to run around scanning people for more genes to finish the puzzle

As far as i know this would take a LOT of coding

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m not expecting a full on copy and paste if TG as they tend to make it easy to cheat death (look at the shit they are working on in Xenobiology some cool some literally cheat death). But I am really against the current system. Some may argue that genetics is suppose to do cloning, but have you ever seen genetics do that?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use