Complaint Against Abydos + Request For Further Discussion

JtChrome

Admin Key: Abydos
Ckey: JtSuperChrome
Discord: Jt#1053

Date: March, 11th, 2020, around 7:00pm GMT

Nature Of Complaint: Misconduct

Brief Description: Admin being incredibly rude without provocation, telling me to leave and find a new server and insulting.

Full Description: Yesterday, I was playing clown Nyatalie Wonalds during a nukie round, when I am suddenly cluwned out of no where. This was already a bit iffy to me, and then I get the bwoink. I'm not gonna go over the details on why I was bwoinked to not waste time with this complaint and go on, however, I was met with a condescending attitude.  I was confused why I was cluwned instead of the normal bwoink for a warning, and was told that he and other admins felt like it was the right action, which I still don't get why such action was taken to remove me from the round. I don't have screenshots or logs of the actual conversation with Abydos, but I assume these can be brought up pretty easily some where else, so i'll just get the simple form of what happened. Nothing I was saying could come off or should of come off as rude, I was handling this without fuss, just calmly stating that I found the cluwning a bit unjustified, and  that I never got a complaint over what I was doing before from any admin or player, and telling him this brought out the terms "very low RP" and "Go find another server". Telling players that their characters suck, and that they should go find a new server, isn't the best thing for an admin to say. I'll take any punishment any day, but being told to basically leave, is just extra and downright painful to hear. This situation could of just been handled so much simpler, or ever completely avoided, which is why I ask for a further discussion on the latter, to avoid adding stuff that isn't directly about Adydos.

END COMPLAINT

I want some things clarified, without making this rambling 20 paragraph complaint. This is why i'm leaving my discord tag, for easy discussion there, or just a discussion in the replies to this topic. I love Paradise, its why I almost have 2000 hours into it. I just want to know why and how it came out like this.

3 minutes ago, JtChrome said:

I'm not gonna go over the details on why I was bwoinked to not waste time with this complaint and go on

Which is completely counter productive to the point of a complaint, and hiding evidence that paints you in the wrong light. You were cluwnd'd and bwoink'd because you were running around the station, spamming "Nya~s~" constantly.

unknown.png

4 minutes ago, JtChrome said:

telling him this brought out the terms "very low RP" and "Go find another server". Telling players that their characters suck, and that they should go find a new server, isn't the best thing for an admin to say.

Again, completely taken out of context and not at all the conversation that happened. I had informed you that what you had done was completely low roleplay, and SPAMMING an emote. I had told you that if you find that fun, you may find another server to suit your playstyle. I never had a problem with your character, I never stated that the issue was your character, I was quite clear it was you running around the station, spamming an emote.

[2020-03-11T19:07:14] ADMIN: PM: Abydos2->JtSuperChrome/(cluwne): You should of realized this would of been the outcome with you running around, spamming "Nya~" constantly in emotes.

[2020-03-11T19:07:47] ADMIN: PM: JtSuperChrome/(cluwne)->Abydos2: thats kinda dumb to cluwne me like that though, ive never had an issue before doing it

[2020-03-11T19:08:28] ADMIN: PM: Abydos2->JtSuperChrome/(cluwne): There's clearly an issue, when you are running around, spamming an emote constantly. Out of the 56 things you've said on the round, you've only spoken 4 times. So that's 52 times, you've spammed an emote.

[2020-03-11T19:08:37] ADMIN: PM: Abydos2->JtSuperChrome/(cluwne): You're being given a warning for this.

[2020-03-11T19:09:12] ADMIN: PM: JtSuperChrome/(cluwne)->Abydos2: You are the first admin to ever give me a warning for my dumb clown idea, this is a bit unrightful.

[2020-03-11T19:10:08] ADMIN: PM: Abydos2->JtSuperChrome/(cluwne): It's not unrightful. If you are spamming an emote constantly around the station, annoying other players, you get our attention. So you're being given a warning to stop with the remote spam. (Note: Game mode was Nuclear Ops, with Nukies who declared war and the station on red alert)

[2020-03-11T19:11:30] ADMIN: PM: JtSuperChrome/(cluwne)->Abydos2: I've never gotten a complain about being annoying either from another player, besides for the "Bad" and "Thats sin" jokes.

[2020-03-11T19:11:58] ADMIN: PM: Abydos2->JtSuperChrome/(cluwne): What you did, was very low roleplay, and the fact that you've set up an macro to spam 1 thing, over and over and over, filling up the chat.

[2020-03-11T19:12:32] ADMIN: PM: Abydos2->JtSuperChrome/(cluwne): If you're idea of fun is running around, doing nothing but spamming an emote and filling up peoples chats so they cannot see important information relating to the round, you can find another server to suit your playstyle.

[2020-03-11T19:15:02] ADMIN: PM: JtSuperChrome/(cluwne)->Abydos2: I was playing the round, getting lube and guns to fight nukies, with the occasional *nya, I was activly trying to play, instead of sitting around being useless. The cluwning was totally uncalled for, and a simple bwoink would of been enough if you really wanted me to stop.

[2020-03-11T19:16:35] ADMIN: PM: Abydos2->JtSuperChrome/(cluwne): Multiple admins are in agreement, that you running around, spamming remotes, filling up the chat during a VERY important game mode (Aka, nukies that just declared war) as punishment worthy of both being bwoink'd and being cluwne'd for your anticts. You did low roleplay, you did nothing but spammed "Nya" all round.

[2020-03-11T19:17:05] ADMIN: PM: Abydos2->JtSuperChrome/(cluwne): So again, you can either improve, or find another server to suit your playstyle. You've been given your warning.

[2020-03-11T19:18:11] ACCESS OUT: JtSuperChrome/(cluwne) - BYOND Logged Out

Which is completely counter productive to the point of a complaint, and hiding evidence that paints you in the wrong light. You were cluwnd'd and bwoink'd because you were running around the station, spamming "Nya~s~" constantly.

I left that out to not make the complaint a page long, stated in the guide. I knew that anyone reviewing this could easily  bring it up, I didn't attend to hide anything.

Hi there.

First of all  - I see nothing wrong with cluwning someone who "nyas" 50 times or more. If you're going to act like an idiotic character, being turned into one is fitting. This could easily have been avoided by following the bare minimum of roleplay standards. I hesitate to even call your actions role playing. If 52 of the 56 things you've said are "Nya~s", you're not adding anything to the round, just detracting from it. 

4 hours ago, JtChrome said:

Telling players that their characters suck, and that they should go find a new server, isn't the best thing for an admin to say.

I don't see any evidence of Aby saying your character sucks - the logs posted here don't show that at all, but it would have been utterly appropriate for Abydos to say that a clown that "Nya~s" 50 times in a round, does indeed suck, and is not suited for this server. The job of an admin means they sometimes have to call a spade a spade. If you're choosing to act in a way utterly against the idea of the server, recommending another one is fine, as you clearly aren't acting in a way that fits what we want here at all.

I don't see Aby being particularly rude either, merely addressing someone who decided to break the rules in an idiotic way. You're not entitled to a warning if you run around spamming a Nya~ emote. A lot of admins would have reacted a lot stronger to such idiocy.

This complaint is without merit.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use