Blueshield Additions

Biolock

I had three small suggestions pertaining to the Blueshield.

1. Give the blueshield glasses that function as both a health analyzer and security HuD. Given that your job is the welfare of the command staff, seeing who is implanted/ what job they are at a moments glance is equally as important as seeing how injured the command staff is.

2. Put a recharger on the desk in the blueshield office. Self-explanatory, it's just a quality of life improvement, allowing a blueshield to better operate from their office should they feel inclined.

3. Give the Blueshield a second box of death alarm implants. The reason I suggest this is two fold. One, it allows the blueshield to implant the NanoTrasen Rep as well as the Magistrate should they be on board the station as well; it also allows the blueshield to implant a replacement head of staff if the previous one goes to cryogenics.

1. One of the most common issues with BS is them acting like sec. Giving them a sec hud might encourage this.

2. Seems reasonable, but bear in mind that more than the BS might use it.
3. The issue with this is that death alarms are very powerful, and an entire second box of them would be too much. Maybe ONE more implant, at most, could be added.

• Like 1

Honestly, I think death alarms should be able to be produced somehow, then we could also cut the number the BS starts with a bit. Maybe make them a mid-level RnD item with high costs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kyet said:

1. One of the most common issues with BS is them acting like sec. Giving them a sec hud might encourage this.

dont they have one in their closet?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Biolock said:

3. Give the Blueshield a second box of death alarm implants. The reason I suggest this is two fold. One, it allows the blueshield to implant the NanoTrasen Rep as well as the Magistrate should they be on board the station as well; it also allows the blueshield to implant a replacement head of staff if the previous one goes to cryogenics.

The way I see it, the BS needs to make a choice about who he wants to implant, having more alarms would of course be nice for the blueshield but it would make touching command substantially harder for anyone with a kill objective

• Like 2

1. I don't think that the first suggestion runs the risk of increasing the amount of blueshields that act like security, since they already have access to a security hud.

3. I understand that people think death alarms are powerful and should be heralded as such, and I agree, however I think that the blueshield should have enough implants to implant the people he/she is charged with protecting.

what i would propose is the ability to remove the death implant in case a head goes SSD or can't be cloned so that implant can be preserved and implanted on a replacing head.

2 hours ago, Eler00 said:

You can already do that. You can remove them surgically like other implants of that kind.

True, but most people are not willing/able to wait for you to surgically removed the implant. Perhaps we should make the removal process easier or allow them to be recovered some other way

Yeah I also would feel like an asshole asking someone to sit around for 10-20 minutes getting their implant removed while they want to get offline.

10-20 minutes from asking someone to get the implant removed from the moment the person says, “Hey I’d like to go SSD” to getting the implant back in your hand. I also recently discovered that a recovered implant can not be injected through the injector again, it has to be put in through surgery.

I agree with what Kyet has written, I like what the wiki states about 'making a choice' as with who to give implants. Implants are reasonably powerful, I don't think they should be given any more than they have now.

My only complaint with the role is thus: You can spend all your implants at roundstart, only to have a Magistrate or other very important person to arrive, and not have an implant for them. This isn't necessarily anything that can be fixed to my knowledge, though. This is similar to the SSD/cloned complaint. I have no idea how to fix this, or if it needs to be fixed.

Overall, I like the blueshield job, it's one I find myself playing often, and think it's one of the best and most balanced roles in the game.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use