Medical, Atropine Vs/Or Epi?

Gwuhja

Title.

Im just curious to see what the advantages of using one over the other are.

Also, personally Ive been putting 5u of Epi in cryotubes as CMO/Chemist. Am I a clown for doing this? It always seems like patients die in the tubes, so...

Epinephrine, Atropine is only good for patients fairly heavily into crit, and despite it saying it helps cure cardiac failure, I've found its success rate way lower than Epinephrine.
Epi is probably a good thing to have in the cryotube mix, just as long as its a low enough amount that you're not causing an overdose when they come out.

So as a CMO would you recommend 5u Atrop 5u Epi 5u Saline 5u Salbut in your hypospray? (med hypos cant accept atropine for some reason)

Would recommend having a pill bottle with salbu pills and a belt with 1 bottle of epi, 1 bottle of atropine, 2 bottles of saline glucose and 1 bottle of charcoal along with the handheld defib 

My new go-to is taking both hypos from the dispenser. I fill one with epi and the other with saline. It’s good for keeping people stable as you try to fix the rest of their trouble.

As for fast critting and deep into death, it’s better to have a good cyro tube mix and fix the IB that is likely killing them. ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use