Discord (include tag numbers):

farie82#7905

CKEY (BYOND username):

farie82

Characters you play in-game:

Henk de Fries, LIPIH (AI/borg)

Link to the list of PRs you've done:

https://github.com/ParadiseSS13/Paradise/pulls/farie82

Most noticeable ones I'd say are the mhelp ticket system and my recent surgery PR

Link to the list of PR reviews you've done:

https://github.com/ParadiseSS13/Paradise/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is:open%20reviewed-by:farie82

Link to any other examples of your PR work (e.g. on other codebases) to give us an idea for your skill as a PR author:

I've not worked on other public code bases but I have two own repo's.
The runtime log parser and the research scraper which can also be used for other data scraping like armor values.

Link to any other examples of your review work (e.g: on other codebases) to give us an idea of your abilities as a PR reviewer:

Nothing on public codebases and I can't share the private ones.

What do you think the most common issue is for PRs submitted to Paradise, and why?

If this is about the PR author making "mistakes" then I'd say that code is not always fully tested. Be it technically testing it or functionally testing it against the wishes of the playerbase/staff.

If it's about the whole process then I'd say that PRs currently don't get (enough) feedback which results in people leaving or new coders being discouraged from even starting to code for paradise. Feedback can be seen as feedback when the PR is denied or feedback on open PRs. 

If you could make one single change to our coding guidelines, what would it be?

Do not duplicate code when you can reuse existing code. And make sure that your code can be extended upon. In short make it Object Oriented. Snowflake code is god awful and will lead to people being confused when they read it and not daring to change/refactor it. Doing it this way will also learn people good practices that they can use later in life if they choose to become a developer for work or just as a hobby.

Also just clean code that tells you what it does and only does what it says it does. If you need comments explaining code then you need to look at it again to make it more clear.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1