What would you like to get done from a drone?

alex1222003

What it says on the tin. As some might know (some might not know, but i guess now you do) I'm a player that mostly plays maintenance drone. What i mostly do, apart from the usual repairing of OH GOD I MEANT TO OPEN THE VALVE toxins accidents or the occasional "Meaty ores are on course with collision of the station." meteor shower, when i am not needed anywhere, I'm not being a hat, and the station is fine and dandy, i like to do upgrades for departments, mostly at round start. Here are some examples:

• Sleepers in Operating Rooms
  • Extra cloning pod in cloning
  • Cyborg charger in the brig
  • Replace walls under the cyborg charger of robotics with a double tile airlock (Without forgetting to set Robotics access so robotists won't be A N G E R Y at me)
  • Hack the hydroponics vendor
  • Connect hydroponics irrigation system between trays
  • Hack the bartender dispensers and vendor
  • Make an Autolathe in Engineering
  • Make the Circuit imprinter, Protolathe, and R&D Console in Robotics
  • Make an Autolathe in the lower Robotics desk
  • Delete space

And that's mostly what i do. However, i want to do more, but i don't have anything that really comes to mind. What do you want from a drone in your department? Put your idea here and I'll think about it next time i play drone at round start. Note:Drones do not have plasteel and can't drag any items bigger than tiny in size.

Edited by alex1222003
  • fastparrot 1

building an aquarium wall for chef in the kitchen (they’d have to fill it though) 

Connecting Jani closet with that room of paramedic gear cause why not? 

dismantle decorations in escape and build the ultimate waiting area for when the Tesla is loose and everyone is hiding tired, scared, and alone 

check permabrig for false walls

delete space by building More Cyberiad 

Edited by Shaw

3 hours ago, Shaw said:

building an aquarium wall for chef in the kitchen

Building aquariums sounds nice. I'll add that to my list of stuff to do.

3 hours ago, Shaw said:

Connecting Jani closet with that room of paramedic gear cause why not?

I don't know what room you're talking about. I'm assuming it's some room in maintenance i never really noticed containing paramedic gear? If you meant the actual Paramedic prep room, i don't think i can do that. 

3 hours ago, Shaw said:

dismantle decorations in escape and build the ultimate waiting area for when the Tesla is loose and everyone is hiding tired, scared, and alone

I could make a bar in the center of escape after i've removed all the bushes'n things.Fancy wooden flooring as well. 

3 hours ago, Shaw said:

check permabrig for false walls

Drones can't push walls, unfortunately. *buzz

3 hours ago, Shaw said:

delete space by building More Cyberiad

Since drones don't have the station blueprints, you can't make new rooms, the only way you can expand is with an unnecessary amount of floor tiles. Also there's an incredibly annoying bug that makes the power cells get eaten by the magnetic gripper if you try to put it in the apc. 

So thanks for the ideas! Time to refurnish escape and make the chef happy!

I honestly have barely played the drone so I am not sure about its capabilities. But if you can print out micro lasers, bins and what not, you should be able to upgrade especialyl cyborg rechargers and things in medical. Otherwise gameplay wise, go renovate the restaraunt or old bar as long as no one is there. Connect it with the scrubber/vent system first. Its really nice to go through an area that does not always look the same and it could spice up the Cyberiad as we do not have any other maps.

1 hour ago, Shaw said:

Add floor tiles and lights to all of maints

Adding ligths and/or cameras in maints for no reason is migth counted as metagame and while this can be excused as "upgrading", i'd rather not get in trouble, since i'm aiming to apply for mentors when and if applications open. I'm not exactly fond of putting floor tiles in maintenance either, while on one part it migth look fancy, it makes things harder for anyone that has to repair something, because the T-ray scanner only updates so fast.

1 hour ago, Kinnikonnie said:

I honestly have barely played the drone so I am not sure about its capabilities. But if you can print out micro lasers, bins and what not, you should be able to upgrade especialyl cyborg rechargers and things in medical. Otherwise gameplay wise, go renovate the restaraunt or old bar as long as no one is there. Connect it with the scrubber/vent system first. Its really nice to go through an area that does not always look the same and it could spice up the Cyberiad as we do not have any other maps.

Drones cannot pick up all items and cannot drag anything that is bigger than tiny is size (or was it small? I'm not sure, just remember they can't drag sheets of materials around.). They do not have plasteel, a Rapid Construction Device, or station blueprints. While they can't construct components or circuit boards by themselves, they CAN interact with Autolathes, R&D consoles and all their linked devices(hence why some migth have seen a drone beep and patiently wait on top of a table while they were doing research). They obviously have all the tools as the engineering borgs, minus the RCD, however, drones have something that borgs don't have. Drones come equipped with a Rapid Pipe Dispenser, or RPD. 

I tend to leave upgrading to the science team. Not because it takes too much time to drag components around, i do it all the time. The reason for that is, upgrading requires andvanced components. Advanced components need rare materials to be constructed. I don't want to be the reason runs out of materials. In fact, when constructing stuff, i don't use advanced advanced components. Instead, i use whatever can be constructed using only metal and glass. Anything that needs materials like uranium, gold and all that, i avoid. 

Repairing the old bar could be a great idea. That is, unless it's apc is missing a power cell. If you try to put a power cell into an apc using the magnetic gripper, the cell will vanish. The bug has been fixed, but has still not been patched in yet. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use