Crown Ramkar's personal data log. Log 2.

Preface. This is log two, but going off the presumption many logs at this point have been made, and this one has been chosen to stand out and be displayed. Special thanks to @PelvicSling
 for assisting with this and giving their own characters dialogue for this post.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crown's eyes are heavy with fatigue, dimly staring at his diary as a candle flickers on his desk, casting his shadow across his bed with his wife, Glaine, that occasionally flickers. Propping his head up with his left hand, he stares blankly at the paper, mulling over his financial burden that's looking more and more unfeasible. Putting his hands in his face, he wipes away at his tired eyes, wiping them on his legs as he takes a slow, deep sigh.

"Hey -- ah -- I'm going next time. They need doctors right? I can help. Not just the sick and wounded, but us as well." Glaine says as she puts her book down and looks over to Crown, staring at him waiting for a response.

Looking over to her as he turned his body in the wooden chair, he stared back at her with red exhausted and concerned eyes. Quiet for a few moments, he thinks, before telling her quietly but firmly.
"You cant work there. It's... it's not the kind of work environment you are suited for. People there... aren't like the people here. It's like they're... I don't even know how to begin describing it to you Glaine." His voice weakens, and he stares at her with pleading eyes for her to understand him, to believe him. Crown loved his children, but to allow his wife to work in the same place he does seems unfair.

"You can't stop me. And you can't do this alone. Just look at you; look into a mirror. I can take care of you there too. Please. Let me help."

A final sigh comes from him mentally, and he frowns as he turns back around in his chair. Propping his head back up with a hand, he picked up his pencil once again, and murmured quietly as he began to write.
"I'll get you the paperwork to see if you qualify..."

"I love you." Glaine says softly, with encouragement, as she picks her book back up and resumes reading.

Crown went silent, and just began to write slowly and sloppily, only filling out a little bit just so he can say he did it.

"It's settled then. I'd try to stop her but there's no stopping her when she's set her mind to something. It's not me to stop Glaine. I have to just accept she's going to be working alongside me now. I just wish life didn't have to be like this. Wish life could be simple. But it will be for my kids. It has to be. They deserve a life free of enslaved servitude to intergalactic corporations to survive." With just that short amount written into his diary, he finishes, and stands up to get in bed. Closing his eyes as he lays his head on his pillow, he gives a quick prayer to God, praying she isn't harmed while working there."

Edited by Patriotic Hoopoe
ACCIDENTLY POSTED CRAP
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use