Feedback on Necaladun

Aidenzack1

Admin(s) Key:Necaladun
Your ckey (Byond username): Aidenzack1
Your Discord name (if applicable):

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred):2/13/2020 6:00 AM GMT

Nature of complaint: Feedback

Brief description: The admin in question spawned themself in as a wizard on a special event round that was confirmed by admins to be extended so the event could properly take place.

Full description of events: It was a event round where two characters were getting married. And it was confirmed by admins to be extended so the event could take place, as it was meant to be a nice, chill, relaxing round. And the Necaladun spawns himself in as a wizard and messes with the round, not in a very major way other then presumably wanting to kill the 2 characters getting married. By pumping plasma into distro. And Im not saying that this was terrible on Necaladun's part, I understand that if a round is boring a admin might want to add some flavor, but I just believe that this wasn't the best way to do so. This did not directly affect me as I had ghosted that round, but I feel like it negatively affected the round, from majorly changing the round that was meant to be a nice chill round. And I want to make this clear, this is only feedback, so that this community may grow as a whole.

Admins reserve the right to run events during rounds, regardless of whether they are extended or not.
Neca discussed this event with other admins before doing it - which is all he is required to do.

Hi there, thanks for the feedback- I think Kyet thought of this more as a complaint then feedback.

The idea was to have the first hour of the round as nice and chill, which went off pretty much without a hitch. Admins patched the damage that the rogue vending machines did, leaving very little work for medbay, security, and engineering to do. The goal of the wizard was to create some chaos and work for them to do, hence the limited plasma fires and other shenanigans. The idea was to lead sec on a bit of a wild goose chase and give them the fun of repeatedly killing a wizard lich (6 times I believe), give engineering some work to do with the chapel and bar being burnt, and medbay getting their usual business of cleaning up the mess caused. While of course, demanding the bride and groom's heads so they'd have the excitement of being hunted (Sadly I never found them isolated enough to mindswap with).

I was careful not to go to murderboney compared to a usual wizard round, hence me not mass-plasma flooding, which if it was a legit wizard round, believe me I would have done. The station would have been in flames.

• Like 1

As somebody who was directly involved in the marriage event (renovating the chapel and bar) and involved IC in both the wedding and after-party evacuation that occurred. The wizard event was done intentionally after the wedding was over and during the 'after-party' of it, where much of the crew either went about their business or meandered around the halls of the station. Switching from a calm round to a chaotic one is, as you'd said, understandable if an admin wished to spice up the round, though you did have reservations in the manner it was handled. The two players he was primarily pitted against seemed perfectly content in discord DMs over the event afterwards, mostly focused on thanking those involved who had helped them run the event and in celebrating how well things panned out. From an observer's perspective looking in, it would be very easy to see this as an admin just trampling on the fun of people who wanted a calm and collected round, but on the IC end, the wizard more or less left things on their own, even chilling out in the bar for a little while before running off from security and crew headed after them. All things considered, he didn't exactly doggedly pursue the pair after their escape to the engineering satellite. It seemed more something to give command and security something to do rather than sit through an extended 'party' round where nothing in particular was happening after the hour mark. Deaths were kept moderately low for the capabilities of a wizard, and much of it was spent leading sec on chases and mindswapping with the occasional rod through the chest for those who got a bit too close.

I apologize for the length of my response, but I hope this perspective opens up another potential angle that may show things in a more positive light. This isn't meant to critique or refute your points and perspectives, @Aidenzack1, but more offer my own in hopes that another side of the story might seem reasonable to you as an explanation for the actions taken. Thank you for your feedback.

Edited by Dumbdumn5
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use