Vox-only blood

Czardoc

If vox blood is already like this, then ill close this topic myself if someone can let me know

But as far as i know vox blood is the same as human blood, meaning they can take blood from normal bloodpacks, its just blue

Considering vox blood moves nitrogen it should be its own special thing. Logically at least. First and foremost, they wouldnt even have hemoglobin if their blood was blue, Horseshoe crabs are the only creatures we know with blue blood, and the blue comes from the copper compound (instead of iron, which gives our mammalian blood its primal red color) within their version of hemoglobin, called hemocyanin. Both hemocyanin and hemoglobin move oxygen, but my point is, the color difference is due to real chemical differences that make hemocyanin toxic to humans. Furthermore, not only is vox blood blue, it doesnt even move oxygen, it moves nitrogen, theoretically making it even -more- toxic to humans, and vice versa.

Therefore i think vox should have their own special blood type/blood packs. Ribosomes are still cool.

I understand this would be a dick pain to code and would also require adding new items to medbay an shit like that, but i figured it would be a cool thing to see implemented, given SS13's extreme attention to detail

Edited by Czardoc

2 hours ago, WingedYordle said:

That would be a lot of coding. If you can find someone who can take the time to code all of that on top of doing the art for it.

The point of the suggestion forums is to suggest ideas. I get the impression you're shutting down or otherwise handwaving someone's (very well thought out) idea for the reason of "you're asking a lot". OP even noted it would be a lot to code in. 

Please don't do that. A comment stating it would be a lot to code but also providing feedback is fine. 

As for the idea itself, it makes sense that vox blood wouldn't act the same as human blood. 

Hell, same for Plasmamen, for that matter, as they breathe plasma. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Spacemanspark said:

Ohhhh, ground up plasma dust IV bags for plasmamen, Vox blood for vox encouraging Vox blood drives, uhhh...plant food for Dionah? ( I honestly have no idea what they have), with regular oxygen carrying bloods being usable by the oxygen using species

Edited by BlackDog
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Spacemanspark said:

The point of the suggestion forums is to suggest ideas. I get the impression you're shutting down or otherwise handwaving someone's (very well thought out) idea for the reason of "you're asking a lot". OP even noted it would be a lot to code in. 

Please don't do that. A comment stating it would be a lot to code but also providing feedback is fine. 

As for the idea itself, it makes sense that vox blood wouldn't act the same as human blood. 

Sorry wasn’t an impression I was offering at all.

I don't mind the crewmate pointing out how much work it would be, as it would be a lot, as for finding someone to do it, i have no clue, maybe was hoping one of the at-home paradise coders would do it or something :3

I also agree, if Vox would have their 'own blood', then plasmamen the same - however, yes, i understand it would be a lot more code-work than Greys, Slimes or IPCs, which respectively have Sulfuric Acid, Water and Oil blood (things that are already present and easily accessible on the station).

I also thought diona already had tree sap blood. Thatd be cool too, if they didnt have it already. And I like the plasma dust/grounded plasma idea for plasmamen, which also seems like it'd be easier to integrate, given there is already plasma lying around in every Chem Dispenser on the station (Unless im mistaken, but im pretty sure you can get plasma for chem dispensers? I wouldn't doubt that im wrong, which in that case, would make plasma-blood a bigger problem to implement).

While this was originally a Vox thread, i dont mind expanding it to discuss other forms of species-blood. Also, i dont know who the big bosses who make these decisions are, but i cant wait to see what they have to say about this suggestion. Thank you all for your input in expanding this thread and getting the thinking gears rolling!

PS I recognize you spacemanspark, i remember when you were just a wee player 😛 times change, its cool to see you still here, as an admin of the team, 4000 posts (and about half a decade) later! lol

Edited by Czardoc

What if vox simply had their own blood type that was incompatible with other blood? Wouldn't that be easier coding wise? Like, imagine O- being given AB+. Its like that sort of thing, maybe. 

Same deal with plasmamen, even.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use