Books?

Kinnikonnie

I have been playing Librarian a bit and written some books as well. These range from memey stuff to "IC experiences" to writing down memories of my experiences so far (with the appropriate tags such as antag rounds being fiction).

I am kind of just looking for some ideas on what else to write. This can be a joke, but also something serious. With 1300 hours I hope I can write down some "knowledge" or stories that people would be interested in reading about. Something which acts as a guide for certain departments is also something I am willing to write as long as it is not on the wiki. For example, I wrote a book on how to create the best version of the healing virus, so while you could still learn it yourself, if you really want to know how to do it without using the wiki or are not sure how to do it you would have to go to the library and find the right book.

The length will vary on the topics itself, but I do not think it should be too long especially how hectic the station can be sometimes. Really, any ideas are welcome to hopefully make the library a bit more of an attractive place to go to.

• Like 1

You could write "IC guides" which are simmilar to the guides on the wiki, but without using language or terms that many would see as OOC, sort of like how an experienced player would explain to a newer one how to do something in game using IC terms and knowledge.

You could also write a bit about the lore and expand on it a bit: for example you could write about how things are going on at Adhomai, or tensions between the TSF or the USSP, or the "top 10 facts about [Insert species here]"

• 1 month later...

About a month late, but I'd definitely support abda's recommendation of epanding lore. It's fun to find a small footnote in the timeline and expand it with detail (up to you if you want to be neutral, but biased historical texts are fun to write).

i always wanted to write a book named "How to escape perma and nanoscum" but never find time or the will to

Basically funny stupid guide with usefull tip but definitely stupid.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use