New VOX variant for AI

dborasik

As can be seen on other code-bases, the AI is able to choose between a male and female VOX when making an audible announcement.

For those of you who don't know, other code-bases often use the "Male" VOX, which was taken from a game known as half-life. For the past couple of years, a game known as "Black Mesa" has been getting developed. This game aims to re-create Half Life with better graphics, sounds, and features. 

In this game, a system commonly knows as the Military VOX was introduced. While this announcement system doesn't make a huge difference to that game, I believe that it is able to do a lot more for Space Station 13's AI role. Here (Google Drive Folder Link) is an example of what this variant sounds like.

Perhaps it could only be possible to use this voice when Red alert or higher is active as this does sound somewhat threatening. I don't believe that this would be too hard to implement, but I could easily be wrong.

1 hour ago, Gaty said:

Hey this is cool but... i wonder if both vox have the same words

From what I saw, a bit of the words are missing.

If you want to take a look, I can probably upload all of the files on google drive or something.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use