General complaint, and feedback about space lube

skb

Hello,

I've gone ahead and caused myself to get banned with my mischief. I choose not to offer much context besides my forum post history, but I would like to make a general complaint on how space lube is handled.

Space lube is an overpowered mechanic in other contexts; one of the worst types of stuns in the game. I do not always go out of my way to grief with it, as I learned from my earlier warnings. However at times tire of walking around fixing things constantly, and I want to motivate people to stop ignoring situations they can easily fix. In this most recent case, I applied lube to several areas of bluespace tiles where the lights where off. It caused an absolute traffic jam, and was insanely successfully in communicating my point I hope. In some reflection I should have also deployed boxed of space tubes for people to easily pick up, and begin to fix the problems. Maybe kept some crowbars scattered about to demonstrate how this mechanic can be fixed.

Additionally, I presume this deed caused an explosion of *bwoinks* adminside, and I sincerely understand what this was stressful on your end.

I conclude that I accept my punishment, and I will obtain a resume from a reputable server. However while I am gone I hope you all consider maybe changing the way space lube is handled. Perhaps make it enforceable in game as creating a workplace hazard, or maybe manslaughter as perhaps add a chance that slipping can by chance cause a range of damage to limbs which can even cause it to be taken as murder.

Assuming this is done, you might find it within enforcement to apply the same to bananas, and water, but I do not think that should be the case. Only with space lube.

Thank you for taking the time to read this general complaint.

Spoiler

Perhaps make it enforceable in game as creating a workplace hazard, or maybe manslaughter as perhaps add a chance that slipping can by chance cause a range of damage to limbs which can even cause it to be taken as murder.

Some poor working here in my response.

I'm saying that it shouldn't kill someone who is slipped, just can cause manslaughter changes or attempted murder charges because maliciously applying it is deadly from an RP perspective.

...This isn't an admin complaint in any capacity--nor does it even attempt to use the format. Why was this posted in admin complaints? This is a feature change suggestion.

• Thanks 1

On 1/14/2020 at 11:05 AM, skb said:

I am banned from those sections I thought.

Although it is good to see you've moved to trying to communicate with words rather than grief, that doesn't mean you should post in admin complaints because you have some suggestions about space lube.

This isn't a complaint and is being filed. Do not post any more non-admin complaints in this forum. 

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use