Syndicate X Nar'Sie: Cultist-Traitor Hybrid Event

Display Name

Name of Event: Syndicate X Nar'Sie

One Sentence Description:

A high-ranking member of a certain pirate-tech conglomerate now serves a red-space deity, and can utilize the tools given to them by both worlds.

Map Changes: Minor

Possibly needing to seal off and stabilize atmos in the Abandoned Teleporter for the start of the event.

Code Changes: No

Suggested Number of Players: High - 80+

Full Description of Event:

Under unknown circumstances, a member of Syndicate middle management tasked with negotiating with a local sect of Nar'Sie has gone missing, along with a couple of their underlings and a valuable crate of equipment. However, a local Syndicate outpost on a has picked up a Syndicate tracking beacon making its way nearby to the hostile Cyberiad, and the Syndicate has activated several sleeper agents aboard the Cyberiad to handle this newfound threat.

Two or three cultist-traitors spawn into the Abandoned Teleporter with standard civilian clothing, dufflebags, agent IDs, the tools they need to get the teleporter running and a single super-surplus item crate. They will be given a classic cultist objective set, however, their first priority will be to find and dispose of a tracking beacon found in one of their bags. They will be given the following overarching objective as well: "Do NOT allow the presence of the cultist sect aboard the Cyberiad to be revealed."

At about ten to fifteen minutes into the round, somewhere between five and ten newly activated "traitors" will be given the following objectives: "Identify and eliminate the cultist sect upon the Cyberiad" and "Do NOT allow the presence of the Syndicate aboard the Cyberiad to be revealed". These traitors will be given classic uplinks with twenty telecrystals. One of the traitors will be the Chaplain, if there is one.

The key to this event is the lack of information. The syndie-cultists will not know that they are being hunted down. The sleeper agents will not know who exactly they need to kill, or that their targets are armed with Syndicate weaponry, so they will need to do some sleuth work. And the crew, of course, will not have any idea what is going on, lest they are one of the newly converted cultists or simply a witness that needs to be silenced. The addition of the stealth objectives is to provide the illusion of a normal round until someone is found out, and then for the crew to watch as the whole thing unravels into chaos.

• Like 4
  • fastparrot 1

Some good dynamics though I'd love to see something that gets the crew involved during the stealth phase. Maybe something that is only for the crew. I'll think about that and get back to ya. 

I would love to see more new events like this.

This sounds fun and doable in my opinion aswell(though im no coder). And i think it could be a great new addition given that cult is always just cult. Having traitors and cultists in the same round could be a fun and interesting idea.

Overall interested over here atleast!

• 3 months later...

Interesting. Unfortunately, code-wise there's a bit of an issue: cult only really works with the cult gamemode activated, which then creates four roundstart cultists and the usual Nar'Sie objectives. It'll take some testing to see if basic cult features (runes/talismans, conversions, etc.) would still function outside of that.

I can see ways to do this, but you'd need co-operative cultists. Hmhm, I'll take a read! Thanks for the suggestion, it's very kind of you to write it up so detailed!

It's certainly an interesting idea. A few questions I have thought; What will happen if the cult is discovered? Is that considered a failure for the syndicate, or is it okay and potentially beneficial for the crew to be aware of the cult? Also, if a cultist is de-converted, is the person now considered to be on team syndicate, or is he still marked for death?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use