Crown Ramkar's personal data log. Log 1.

First, a short preface. This is my first time posting something like this on the forums. I understand this isn't a typical format for stories of NSS Cyberiad, but I think it follows the rules. This will focus less on a specific story, and more of a set-up for future stories. I felt it necessary to give some insight into who Crown is as a person, as future logs will make more sense. Additionally, this is from Crowns point of view. His view may be objectively wrong, memory's may be inaccurate, and his own personal biases come in to play. Please consider this. Enjoy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On an undisclosed, green farming planet where local politics have minimal galactic impact and troubles, Crown Ramkar writes in a paperback diary in canilunzt tongue. Rain falls heavily on the farm house, soaking the fields and nourishing the soil. Wearing warm pajamas as he sits at his desk in his room, the vulpkanin glances over momentarily to his wife who is reading, a small grin forming on him before he looks back to the blank page. Taking a moment to rub his forehead with his fingers, he grips his pen, and begins to write.

"Log one. I disagree that this is necessary for my health. The pen doesn't feel right in my hand, and I'm tired."

He stops, taking a small deep breath in before exhaling in a soft sigh.

"Perhaps she has a point. Expressing my thoughts may help. But I'm only talking to myself, what good does that do? Even if I re-read this, I already know what I'm feeling. Maybe it's for when I'm older. Regardless, let me get this over with. Money's running out and I am going to have to go back to work. I wish staying here was enough, but it isn't. We both know that. It isn't enough to raise my kids with a farmers salary, and crime makes me sick to my stomach. It's necessary to get involved in the galactic corporations that plague my life."

He puts his right hand to his face, leaning over the desk slightly as he pushes his fingers against his forehead, sighing softly as he thinks over the past work experiences of the NSS Cyberiad. Momentarily considering stopping, he feels a spark of life fill him as he thinks of losing it at work once more, and the punishments that would come from it. Grasping his pen once more, he resumes.

"I need to do it. For my wife, my children, for our future. Without family, I'm nothing. What greater joy can a man than watching his offspring grow up into shining examples of society? What role model would they have if not for me and my wife? I need to be the man I want my boys to be, as my love does for our daughters. If only the people I worked with felt the same way. The station is a viral plague on all our lives. Something about it makes people into animals. Command, medical, security, even visitors coming by for a drink or job inquiries. I'm unsure if this is typical for the galaxy I live in, a local thing, or an N.T. thing, but it turns me into a different person. Or, it can. Yeah, it can.

"To enforce my own morals on these filthy, disgusting humans people, because it really is everyone, even my own kin... means to break N.T. policy. It is my job to provide for my family, but to allow theft, murder, and worse to go on before my very own eyes, breaks me down as a man. I must not let my children or wife be subjected to these experiences. I can, and will, handle this so they can live the life I cant. I couldn't. I was not permitted to. I will break the cycle and be the man I wish my father was. They will be given the opportunity to live a simple life. A happy life. One free of death, murder, pain. They will have the opportunity to grow and develop untainted by these corporations I was forced to oblige."

He puts the pen down, and feels tear swell in his eyes. Folding the book and putting it to the far end of the table, he sits there, reflecting on how lucky he is to have family, and have the opportunity to break free of the corporate restraints placed on him at birth. Standing up, he turns off his desk lamp, and leaves the book for another day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will post more when I feel it's appropriate, and when something IC occurs that I deem appropriate to incorporate into his story.  Thank you for taking the time to read. If for whatever reason this isn't the kind of post that is appropriate for NSS Cyberiad, then I understand if this post will be deleted.

Edited by Patriotic Hoopoe
Small gramatical changes.
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use