Name Review

Myrmecoleon

Byond Key: MikeyMonster

IC Name for Review: Heyyaits Meimoen

Race: Human

Is this a Mime or Clown Job Name? No

Reason/Backstory: Although it's true that his name began as a reference, I've since used it for more than a decade across many games(willing to provide proof, if needed), and I've grown quite attached to it. I understand that RP standards (and paradise in particular) has more stringent standards, but I think the name itself stands up on its own, even if some what distant from typical names. I've been playing on paradise with this name for almost two years, now, and to be told that it's no longer acceptable and that I need to change it is quite frustrating, especially when I've not received a complaint regarding the name in the entire period and when I have regularly seen other characters on the server with similar levels of referential humour in their names for quite a long time. If required, I'm willing to add apostrophes to break up the name a little  differently, but the thought of playing as an entirely new character is something I find quite upsetting.

Thanks for your time,
myrmecoleon

Hi there, thanks for lodging this.

It appeared at first this name was a pun on "hey its me man" in a jamacian accent, some googling showed me it's a final fantasy name.

Considering it's not intended to just be a silly pun name and isn't that obviously silly I think it's ok to use!

Merry Christmas Mr Meimoen.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use