Abydos2 Complaint

Khanbot

Admin Key: Abydos2
Byond username: Cobaltion

Date of incident: 2019-12-17

Nature of complaint: Misconduct

Brief description: Admin jobbanned me from sentient animals for confusing Space Koi and Space Carp and proceeded to claim in the jobban and conversation multiple untrue things about the situation.

Full description of events: Let me preface this by saying this isn't a ban appeal for sentient animals I believe a temporary ban for it was valid ( probably not permanent though), I do however have a problem with them ignoring my side of the story and claiming multiple things that didn't happen. So I got spawned as Space Koi and I believed that they were free to break things if they wanted too (I was apparently incorrect on this and I confused Koi and Carp). So I broke things and the crew was after me (I was not informed until all this was over that I wasn't supposed to break things). While the crew was after me I saw a medical cyborg following me in space and assumed they were telling the crew were I was to hunt me down so I killed the cyborg. I felt bad and proceeded to drag them to people so they would be saved and I got killed doing so (The cyborg was back alive within minutes of their death). While talking to Abydos2 they claimed that I left the cyborg out floating in space and ruined the round for them, even though I dragged them back to be saved, they also claimed I saw nothing wrong with what I did even though I apologized multiple times for confusing the two fish. While I was talking to them and in the jobban they claimed multiple untrue things and ignored me and muted me from talking to them when I corrected them.

Hi there.

You claim a ban was indeed justified, which I agree with. It's our policy to mainly rely on permabans until appealed here rather than temp bans. In this case it was a job ban to prevent you playing a role you were not experienced enough to play within the rules.

This does read like an appeal however.

I've reviewed the chat logs and I'm not seeing a problem with how abydos acted. You repeated that you were killing the cyborg to avoid being called out. Your responses don't make it clear that you understand the issue here, so it's better you discuss this in an appeal to make it clear you understand.

Admins dont have infinite time to discuss things in game. You arent the only player on the server.

This is why you were told to appeal rather than to continue to discuss things. You were warned you'd be muted if you continued, and you were muted when you continued.

While its appreciated you tried to drag the borg back towards the station, it still required engineers to drag it back into the station. This also doesnt change tht you do not understand the sentient animal roles.

All in all this is a very simple and normal situation of a player misunderstanding the rules. No admin misconduct is present. Had you listened to the admin and lodged an appeal as asked then it would be much simpler to deal with. 

Complaint can be considered resolved.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use