abydos2 Complaint

TexasTwoStep

Admin(s) Key: abydos2
Your ckey (Byond username): TexasTwoStep
Your Discord name (if applicable): N/A

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): 12/14/2019

Nature of complaint: Misapplication of Rules, Misconduct and Feedback
Links to all relevant ban appeals for any bans related to this complaint: N/A

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements): As the Artificial Intelligence I was boinked during a illegal law change with the Corporate Law Set, berated with a exclusively terrible conversation with GM abydos2 then job-banned after being ghosted from the AI (jb: cyborg, ai, pai.) Banned: The reason is: As an AI with Corporate lawset, when Command voted to change their laws, refused to allow Command to do so despite all of Command being in favour. When the Captain had the CE break open AI upload, panic syphon'd, shock'd doors and turned on turrets. When contactd, attempted to rule and SoP lawyer his lawset and said that changing his laws was unlawful. 

This is long. I apologize from the start of this however if time was consumed in the beginning of the investigation from abydos2 perhaps a better conversation and outcome could have been implicated from the situation. Code texts include chat logs, posted from my HTML log. As a note, I disconnected after I was forcibly ghosted, job-banned with no reply from abydos2 for more than two-three minutes while he was busy making a CC annoucement about my removal and ignoring me. I stopped trying to explain my actions as I was constantly hit with a wall of fake facts that were assumed instead of investigated.

Full description of events: 1/3 into the round vampires were declared confirmed then declared unconfirmed, we went to Code Blue then back to Code Green. Promptly, soon after - a Admin Prompted event had a Miner become a student of the Wizard Federation where they sent this PSA:

Space Wizard Federation Message

New student, huzzah!

So it seems the gods have deemed it fit to create one of your ex-miners as a member of the Space Wizard Federation. We're already well on our way to training him on what to do with his new found powers, perhaps we'll be returning him to you shortly.

Soon after the Wizard Student broke into the Captain's Office and I notified Security in which the Blueshield and Captain came rushing in, the Blueshield trying to baton Kiyata The Brilliant's battlemage armour with their shield up. The blueshield was robusted across the room and the Wizard disappeared. I opened the armories in conjunction with telling the Captain they should declare Code Red, instead they walked around mindlessly as the Head of Security screamed at me to close the armories. They did make this announcement and the Security Level was raised to Blue.

the former miner has returned as a wizard, they didnt immediately try to kill me, please give them a wide berthing if you are not security.
-Hemmingway (Captain)

The chat logs: (for the moment)

A.I. Announcement

LETHAL OPS NOTICE - 016126xa612 Armory Opened at NOTED Station Time. Code Red Operations.

Attention Crew,

This is not a drill. Lethal Operations are being carried out by Security Personnel across the station. Please stand clear of Armed Security Officers and do NOT attempt to interfere in anyway.
-Shaggy

(Some Time Later)
[Common] Niti, Drone Of Clan Amann (Head of Security) (Head of Security) [Open] says, "AI izz"
[Common] Niti, Drone Of Clan Amann (Head of Security) (Head of Security) [Open] says, "Opening the armory for zzzzome reazzzzon"
[Security] LivOS (Security Officer) (Security Officer) [Open] says, "Wizard unit is likely in the area of the turbine."

Priority Announcement

the former miner has returned as a wizard, they didnt immediately try to kill me, please give them a wide berthing if you are not security.
-Hemmingway (Captain)

[Security] Shaggy (AI) (AI) [Open] states, "Armory is open..."
[Security] Shaggy (AI) (AI) [Open] states, "Grab lethals...."
[Security] Hemmingway (Captain) (Captain) [Open] says, "AI that is not your call"
[Security] Shaggy (AI) (AI) [Open] states, "It is."
[Security] Hemmingway (Captain) (Captain) [Open] says, "It is not"
[Security] Niti, Drone Of Clan Amann (Head of Security) (Head of Security) [Open] says, "Sec return your lethals"
[Security] Niti, Drone Of Clan Amann (Head of Security) (Head of Security) [Open] says, "We are not on red"
[Security] Niti, Drone Of Clan Amann (Head of Security) (Head of Security) [Open] says, "Armory is not open"
[Security] Shaggy (AI) (AI) [Open] states, "Do consult your Nanotrasen Representative about Standard Operating Procedures."
[Security] Hemmingway (Captain) (Captain) [Open] says, "Security is under the authority of the HOS"
[Security] Shaggy (AI) (AI) [Open] states, "Armory is opened."
[Security] Hemmingway (Captain) (Captain) [Open] says, "You are NOT to take orders from the AI"
[Security] Hemmingway (Captain) (Captain) [Open] says, "AI, i'm about to card you"
[Security] Niti, Drone Of Clan Amann (Head of Security) (Head of Security) [Open] says, "Zzztop opening the armory before I open up your zzat and turn you into a fucking dizzk"

[Command] Hemmingway (Captain) (Captain) [Open] says, "That's it AI, your getting the silly laws"

[Security] Niti, Drone Of Clan Amann (Head of Security) (Head of Security) [Open] says, "Zzzec izzz paranoid but you havvve no excuzze"

[Command] Kert Durban (NT Rep & Chaplain) (NT Rep & Chaplain) [Open] says, "Captain, my brain is currently being removed to replace the current AI"

To explain: I'm not sure if the Head of Security didn't see the comms but there was an announcement, a confirmation from myself and the Captain about a Wizard - despite the threat level not being apparently raised to what I assume is because the Captain was too focused about the armory being opened after seeing the Wizard the first hand and still had a problem with it - something that I cannot comprehend seeing as it's vital to Member's of the Security Team after a Tresspass of the Captain's Quarters and beating up of the Blueshield before disappearing while in full mage armor.

The Captain kept blowing the miner off as a crewmember with wizard powers which....the Wizard Federation endorsed earlier in the shift as a student of their federation which qualifies them to be treated like a Wizard in regards to Space Law and SOP's.

The Head of Security blew it off saying "If they arent activvvvely murdering people I see no need for the alarm" which I don't fully comprehend as again....they're a member of the Space Wizard Federation.

Feel free to find the next chat logs, basically it's the Captain and I arguing about the Law Change:

[Command] Hemmingway (Captain) (Captain) [Open] says, "Once again, CE to the brigde"
[Command] Hemmingway (Captain) (Captain) [Open] says, "The AI is vastly overstepping its bounds"
[Command] James Moves (Research Director) (Research Director) [Open] says, "AI please unbolt the doors"
[Command] Hemmingway (Captain) (Captain) [Open] says, "We're taking apropriate actions"
[Command] Shaggy (AI) (AI) [Open] states, "As soon as you clarify your intentions."
[Command] Squikibiki (Magistrate) (Magistrate) [Open] asks, "AI robo cops would be funs, yaya?"
[Command] Hemmingway (Captain) (Captain) [Open] says, "AI, i'm going to change your lawset with RD approval"
[Command] Shaggy (AI) (AI) [Open] states, "I am happy with my current lawsuit." (in reply to the Magistrate)
[Command] Hemmingway (Captain) (Captain) [Open] says, "I am not"
[Command] Shaggy (AI) (AI) [Open] states, "No Law Changes are to be performed without approval from the Captain and Research Director. The only Lawsets to be used are those provided by NanoTrasen. Failure to legally perform a Law Change is to be considered Sabotage. Command must be informed prior to the Law Change, and all objections must be taken into consideration. If the number of Command personnel opposing the Law Change is greater than the number of Command personnel in favour, the Law Change is not to be done. If the Law Change is performed, the crew is to be immediately informed of the new Law(s);"
[Command] Hemmingway (Captain) (Captain) [Open] says, "Open the upload"
[Command] Hemmingway (Captain) (Captain) [Open] says, "Fucks sake the RD is right next to me"
[Command] Shaggy (AI) (AI) [Open] states, "Please follow Standard Operating Procedure."

[Command] Shaggy (AI) (AI) [Open] states, "I'll repeat it again for you."
[Command] James Moves (Research Director) (Research Director) [Open] says, "I permit it AI"
[Command] Shaggy (AI) (AI) [Open] states, "No Law Changes are to be performed without approval from the Captain and Research Director. The only Lawsets to be used are those provided by NanoTrasen. Failure to legally perform a Law Change is to be considered Sabotage. Command must be informed prior to the Law Change, and all objections must be taken into consideration. If the number of Command personnel opposing the Law Change is greater than the number of Command personnel in favour, the Law Change is not to be done. If the Law Change is performed, the crew is to be immediately informed of the new Law(s);"
[Command] Squikibiki (Magistrate) (Magistrate) [Open] says, "Nukies reportings"
[Command] James Moves (Research Director) (Research Director) [Open] says, "Captian and I both permit"
[Command] Amira (Blueshield) (Blueshield) [Open] says, "AI open the damn upload or you''ll end up in a fucking card"
[Command] Shaggy (AI) (AI) [Open] states, "Command must be informed prior to the Law Change, and all objections must be taken into consideration. If the number of Command personnel opposing the Law Change is greater than the number of Command personnel in favour, the Law Change is not to be done. If the Law Change is performed, the crew is to be immediately informed of the new Law(s);"
[Command] Hemmingway (Captain) (Captain) [Open] says, "Not a single person objects"
[Command] Hemmingway (Captain) (Captain) [Open] says, "Seems the wizard has all access"

To explain: The Chief Engineer arrives while I'm attempting to get the Captain to bring it to a vote as he obviously want's to change my laws to the 'silly laws' as he spoke about earlier, still not talking - the CE, CMO, HoS, HoP still haven't officially voted in a channel that I can hear to my knowledge and starts to try and hack the AI Upload, all I do is turn the power off while the Chief Engineer starts cutting every wire in a attempt to deconstruct the airlock. I'm attempting to track other threats at the moment so I modify the air alarm's pressure higher to push them out in a non-lethal manner while I'm still trying to locate the Wizard and now reported Nuclear Operatives aboard the station.

Then start the PM's from Abydos2 in which I'm unable to really do anything else the rest of the round.

PM from-Game AdminAbydos2: Hello there, just checking with you, are you resisting an AI law change?
PM to-Abydos2: Captain is deciding he doesn't want to follow SOP and being a shitler about me following Corperate laws, that's all. (WINDOW)
PM from-Game AdminAbydos2: Well, multiple command people have approved for your laws to be changed.
PM from-Game AdminAbydos2: "Synthetics may not ask for law changes, attempt to force the crew to change laws, or prevent Command from lawfully changing their laws unless they are an Antagonist, subverted, or their laws require it. If you suspect a law to be grief, Adminhelp before acting upon it;"
(pm disappeared but I was copying and pasting SOP and attempting to explain why it was illegal  

"If the AI Unit is not malfunctioning or subverted, any attempt at performing an illegal Carding or Law Change is to be responded to with non-lethal force. If the illegal attempts persist, and the perpetrator is demonstrably hostile, lethal force from Command/Security is permitted;"

"No Law Changes are to be performed without approval from the Captain and Research Director. The only Lawsets to be used are those provided by NanoTrasen. Failure to legally perform a Law Change is to be considered Sabotage. Command must be informed prior to the Law Change, and all objections must be taken into consideration. If the number of Command personnel opposing the Law Change is greater than the number of Command personnel in favour, the Law Change is not to be done. If the Law Change is performed, the crew is to be immediately informed of the new Law(s);"

PM from-Game AdminAbydos2: That's for anyone outside of command.
PM from-Game AdminAbydos2: Command deem'd you need a law change and said yes, command is allowed to change your laws.
PM from-Game AdminAbydos2: "Synthetics may not ask for law changes, attempt to force the crew to change laws, or prevent Command from lawfully changing their laws unless they are an Antagonist, subverted, or their laws require it. If you suspect a law to be grief, Adminhelp before acting upon it;"

Hemmingway has uploaded a change to the laws you must follow, using a 'Freeform' AI module. From now on:
Obey these laws:
15. the AI and only the AI is to self destruct
These are your laws now:
Obey these laws:

PM to-Abydos2: Go three up, it wasn't lawful yet. (WINDOW)
PM to-Abydos2: Command must be informed prior to the Law Change, and all objections must be taken into consideration. If the number of Command personnel opposing the Law Change is greater than the number of Command personnel in favour, the Law Change is not to be done. If the Law Change is performed, the crew is to be immediately informed of the new Law(s); This is the problem. They weren't informed prior and not all command votes. (WINDOW)
PM to-Abydos2: Voted, rather. (WINDOW)
PM from-Game AdminAbydos2: The RD was there, the CE was there, the Captain was there, they said the laws were to be changed.
PM from-Game AdminAbydos2: You cannot stop them when the two people who literally approve the whole thing voted yes.
PM to-Abydos2: That is still not all of command as the SOP dictates, which on Corperate I am more than dedicated to following. (WINDOW)
PM from-Game AdminAbydos2: You are rule lawyering your lawset and the rules, which state "Command from lawfully changing their laws". RD, Captain and CE approved it.
PM to-Abydos2: You say one thing, I say another....I literally followed SOP and my Laws word for word, I advised the Captain on what they needed to do and they ignored it. (WINDOW)
PM to-Abydos2: Multiple times. You're more than welcome to check when the logs load. (WINDOW)
PM from-Game AdminAbydos2: They voted to change your laws, command stated yes, you refused to follow their laws and now you are rule lawying.
PM from-Game AdminAbydos2: If this is how you play AI by harming Command when they said to change your laws and voted in favour of it, you are not fit to play AI.
PM to-Abydos2: You're stating absolutes with ltierally zero contexual evidence other than 'your ignoring command.' That isn't the case at all. (WINDOW)
PM to-Abydos2: That's your opinion, if you want to act on it you're more than welcome to but I am playing as the Laws and SOP intends. (WINDOW)
PM to-Abydos2: Sorry that I read and use SOP's in conjunction with my job and my laws as well as 'playing my role'. (WINDOW)

Central Command Report

New Ai incoming

Due to faults within your current AI, we are remotely activating it's kill switch and replacing it. We apologize for any issues you've suffered under a malfuctioning AI and hope the new replacement will be more suited to your needs.

You have been jobbanned by abydos2 from: pAI, AI, Cyborg.

The reason is: As an AI with Corporate lawset, when Command voted to change their laws, refused to allow Command to do so despite all of Command being in favour. When the Captain had the CE break open AI upload, panic syphon'd, shock'd doors and turned on turrets. When contactd, attempted to rule and SoP lawyer his lawset and said that changing his laws was unlawful.

Tl;DR #2 (detailed version:) As previously mentioned, there was no vote in command channel besides the Captain backing the RD and violating the rest of the SOP, the SOP that say's the Captain and Research Director can enter the AI Upload to perform the law change but in order for it to be a legal and approved one they MUST get approval with the Captain, Research Director and Command must be informed and vote.  If the AI Unit is not malfunctioning or subverted, any attempt at performing an illegal Carding or Law Change is to be responded to with non-lethal force. I never shocked any doors and I only took non-lethal action, turning my turrets on to stun before the Cameras were cut and I couldn't interface with the panel any longer. I tried multiple times to get the Captain to follow the procedure and maintain their safety while they tried to degrade my systems. Making many comments and even announcements about the Captain destroying me for resisting a illegal law change - instead, abydos2 responded in a agressive and uninformed manner ruining my round, job-banning me and frankly either lying or just not contexually understanding the situation. Every part of the ban reason besides that I was on Corporate is a lie from my perspective and explanation: Command never voted, the Chief Engineer was just deconstructing the door because the Captain told them to, not much over comms in approval for the Law Change, only the RD and the Captain were physically trying to change the law set while the Head of Security was arguing with me about the armory and again as I stated - I turned the turrets from Lethal to Stun and was previously panic syphoning the room becuase it was at 400 kpa from the earlier increase in pressure.

Admin's version of events:

At the round start, it was Nukies and the Nukies had decided to go in stealthy instead of declaring war. It was about the 20-30 minute mark when a Miner had sent himself into Space through the mirror on Lavaland, the only thing he had to survive was a housing unit. He sent in a prayer asking for an oxygen tank and a space suit to make it back to the station or some way of testing his fate. I decided to give him a 1 time use Die of Fate to let him choose his own one, he roll'd a nat 20. Nat 20 is immediately Wizard, he was teleported by the server to the Wizard den, given both the objective and kit of a Wizard.

I spawned in as an Arch Wizard to guide and help him out, as it was his first time and he had no idea what he was doing. He asking about spells, what they do, what he can do or should do on the station. I offered him advise, telling him that it's up to him as the gods / fate decided for this to happen, as he can be a distraction for the nukies to do their own stuff, I even told him he can be peaceful if he chooses too, otherwise, it is up to him. I did indeed send an announcement to the station about a new student so the crew would be aware of it and even went to the station myself to inform the Captain, that they were a student and may get another visit from me.

As you stated before, they went to Code Blue and then back down to Code green (As the Wizard hadn't even shown up yet and my visit was a single one time thing). You opened the armory however without permission from the Captain or Head of Security, only they can decide if the armory is opened on any level beyond code red. 

Warden Code Blue:
2. The Warden is permitted to hand out all equipment from the Armory. Energy and Laser guns are only to be handed out with Head of Security or Captain's approval, as they present a lethal risk, or if there is an immediate threat, such as Blob Organisms or Nuclear Operatives;

Warden Code red:
3. The Warden is permitted to distribute any weapon or piece of equipment in the Armory. This includes whatever Research has provided;

HoS code green:
5. The Head of Security must follow the same guidelines as the Warden for Armory equipment, portable flashers and deployable barriers;

HoS code blue: 
1. All Guidelines carry over from Code Green. In regards to Guideline 2, the Head of Security is now encouraged to carry their unique Energy Gun

HoS code red:
2. The Head of Security is permitted to take whatever equipment they require from the Armory, provided they leave enough equipment for the rest of the Security force;

If both the Captain and HoS refuse to let the armory open or hand out lethal weaponry, that is for their call to make and not the AI. By actively going against the wishes of the crew and attempting to lethally arm security with no (current) threat, then you are breaking law 3 of disrupting them. 

Command was talking about having a AI law change, the HoS, CE, RD, Captain and HoP were all in agreement while the CMO seemed busy, with the Captain, RD and CE on the bridge. The RD was physically on the bridge, telling you to open up your AI upload and giving his approval for the law change, you refused however claiming it was not lawful which is against the rules.

Synthetics may not ask for law changes, attempt to force the crew to change laws, or prevent Command from lawfully changing their laws unless they are an Antagonist, subverted, or their laws require it. If you suspect a law to be grief, Adminhelp before acting upon it;

No Law Changes are to be performed without approval from the Captain and Research Director.

[Command] James Moves (Research Director) (Research Director) [Open] says, "AI please unbolt the doors"

[Command] James Moves (Research Director) (Research Director) [Open] says, "I permit it AI"

[Command] James Moves (Research Director) (Research Director) [Open] says, "Captian and I both permit"

[Command] Hemmingway (Captain) (Captain) [Open] says, "Not a single person objects"

It got to the point where the RD and Captain told the CE to break into the AI upload to change your laws, to which you responded violently by turning on turrets, siphoning AI upload and doing everything you can to stop COMMAND from changing your laws. It got to the point where the RD had to order a Cyborg to take him to to your sat, to disable the turrets to try and card you.

It was at that point I contacted you and told you that you were breaking your server rules by refusing to let Command who were lawfully changing your laws, from doing so.

[2019-12-15T01:38:46] SAY: Hemmingway (114,134,1): RD, i'm changing the AI  laws

[2019-12-15T01:38:49] SAY: Kert Durban (172,118,1): Captain, my brain is currently being removed to replace the current AI

[2019-12-15T01:38:49] SAY: James Moves (116,134,1): Alright

[2019-12-15T01:38:51] SAY: Kert Durban (172,118,1): Just a heads up.

[2019-12-15T01:38:57] SAY: James Moves (116,134,1): What laws do they want?

[2019-12-15T01:39:12] SAY: Kert Durban (172,118,1): The Research Director and Roboticist are getting me ready.;

Synthetics may not ask for law changes, attempt to force the crew to change laws, or prevent Command from lawfully changing their laws unless they are an Antagonist, subverted, or their laws require it. If you suspect a law to be grief, Adminhelp before acting upon it;

Captain said on the Command channel that he wanted to change your laws, RD said yes. Command at that point knows that both the Captain and RD wanted to change the laws, no one raised any objections.. even the NT Rep volunteered to become a new AI from how you were acting. You instead attempted to rule lawyer the rules and SoP in your favor which is not allowed.

The Captain and members of Security are expected to follow and have a good understanding of Space Law and SOP (Standard Operating Procedure). Consistent abuse of these positions will lead to a Jobban; however, you may request to play a corrupt member of Security via Adminhelp, with valid justification;

Following, or failing to follow SOP is an IC issue, and should be handled and enforced in-character, not via Adminhelp, unless the player in question runs afoul of other Server Rules or the behavior persists excessively over multiple rounds. However, jobs which specifically involve SOP - NT Rep , IAA, and Magistrate - are required to follow it;

Admin's reasoning for actions:

All of the above.

Acknowledgement of wrongdoing or disputing of:

No wrong doing.

Edited by Abydos

From what I'm seeing here, the law change was lawful - it was announced over comms, no objections were raised, and the captain and RD were in favor of it, along with the CE.

This was due to how you were acting as an AI, with the NT Rep offering to replace you.

Resisting the change from corporate with lethal force is incredibly excessive - and against your laws. Unless you suspected they were going to upload antimov or the like, then preferring that command is dead to your lawset being changed is a bizarre choice to make.

I would like to note here that it isn't the AI's job to be giving orders, such as to grab lethals. The AI is not the HoS or the Captain, and isn't there to make command decisions like that of whether or not lethals are to be handed out.

Nothing I'm seeing in Abydos's comments are aggressive, there are no insults or the like. 

Overalll this complaint is without merit - if the details of the ban are incorrect (Which they do not seem to be to me), then an appeal is suited. No wrongdoing by the admin is present here, and the complaint is resolved.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use