Stealing slime extracts/plasma tanks is no longer grand theft.

Gaty

Stealing slimes extract/plasma tanks should not be grand theft  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, following kyet's advice, I have made a forum thread about the discussion we have had today, some people think stealing slime extracts/plasma tanks (or merely having them as non scientist) is grand theft, but they got removed both from the high risk items list and the traitor objective pull.

I want to get this clarified, is stealing those two items still grand theft? If not good, we solve this doubt. If they still are I would like to suggest a change in space law so they are no longer grand theft but simply theft.

Hope we can at least get this doubt solved.

Edited by Gaty
matthew likes correct writing
  • Like 1

Imho some stuff, even if its not one of traitor objectives, should stay grand theft. Highly dangerous stuff. 

Weapons, explosives, slime cores which may result in horde of angry monsters eating crew, and so on

• Like 1

I personally find things such as Canisters much worse which I see stolen and used for Hijacking/Greytiding much more than a single slime thing or plasma canister. That being said I find it REALLY disturbing that people keep running around with self-made flame throwers and other weapons (yes that includes spears and baseball bats) that Security and other people do not really care about for some reason.

This is why we have the Magistrate Role I think so they can determine if these items were used within "bad" reason. My vote goes for making it situational as these things often do not do anything by themselves unless you combine it with something else.

• Like 1

With plasma, I feel it should be the amount you carry, one hand held tank doesnt seem like that much all things considering you can swipe a plasmamans tank and get the same results. If you took a bunch, pumped them into a huge canister then you'd have enough plasma to do some damage.

Perhaps with plasma its scaling based on how many you are found with, and why you have them?

They are not exactly extremely secured items that require sign outs to obtain, you just walk in, and take them, 2 doors to bypass minimum and they are out in the open.
Sci's plasma canisters, while not much better secured all things considered, are at least behind 3 doors in a much more trafficed area.

I would agree with normal plasma canisters it would make more sense for that to just be theft. Large plasma canister and open it somewhere and lighting it on fire would be more in the line of grand sabotage. but the problem is intent and I would say it can be clearly seen on where the canister is moved to. 

special tanks will still be grand theft. (I am not sure if the RD has a special canister) 

and sci chem canister is atleast 2 doors if you go through maints. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use