Problems of in the heat of the moment.

Let me start of how i got to this idea I was jobban yesterday and as I was how to write my appeal and looking through all the rules and even looking through other people appeals. I noticed some of these actions would be done in the heat of the moment. The problem here is that you need to act quickly and respond in the way of eye for an eye. The rules in paradise in most cases states not to react in those moments and big mistakes will be made which may be lead to a ban because of it. I was wondering what you guys think of this and how we need to seek for a solution on these cases. 

You also cannot exepect when some plays a round when it wasn't bussy then suddenly it gets bussy to be able to switch in a correct maner or that the person who joined later to be fully aware what have allready happend. These things might lead to a choatic ending. I am wondering how or if it is possible to find a solution to these problems.

Simple: You are responsible for your actions, regardless of what the cause may be. Whether it is in the heat of the moment or calculated beforehand.

If you get angry at someone and do something that would break the rules, that's on you. That's an anger issue that you need to resolve and something the community can't and isn't obligated to assist you with. If someone disarms you and your first reaction is to beat their face in until they're bleeding and dying on the floor, once again that's on you. You took things too far and you need to know when a series of actions is inappropriate for the action that was done against you. Mistakes will be made and staff can discern when that happens. We are willing to speak and work with players to ensure that it doesn't happen in the future, however you only get so many mistakes before it becomes an issue that cannot be let go.

The mentality of eye for an eye is a terrible one to have. Seeking revenge on someone for their transgressions against you won't lead you to happiness or fulfillment and only serves to propagate the misery that had started it, making you a further part of the problem instead of the solution.

The solution is quite simple. If players have these issues they need to look at themselves and see what they need to do to be better individuals so that they don't end up warned or banned. Its tough to do but really is the only viable one since the alternative is going to lead you to have future issues and potentially not being welcome on some servers.

• Like 1

I was more thinking on a different lvl all together ofcourse your actions are your own. Still if we look in real life you notice survival instinct kick in and this might cause for unappreciated reactions. Even someone having a bad day letting of steam here will let their emotions out of controle I was thinking in the matter is it possible to find out a way when things get to heated and mistakes are every where how do you help the station to calm the flames around you in a more ic manner. 

true. But then again if the entire station gets to heated how do you calm it down when your in command sec or any other role that tries its best to keep the order. 

Edited by robveelben
1 minute ago, robveelben said:

Still if we look in real life you notice survival instinct kick in and this might cause for unappreciated reactions.

This isn't real life this is a game. If you die in game the penalty is sitting out until you're revived or the round ends. The penalty for dying in real life is much more permanent. You can't equate the two and point to survival instincts. Even if we do apply it survival instinct covers both fight and FLIGHT. Nobody has ever got in trouble from running away from a fight in the interest of preserving their lives.

3 minutes ago, robveelben said:

Even someone having a bad day letting of steam here will let their emotions out of controle

If you're having a bad day and that leads you to breaking the rules, you shouldn't be playing a very social game on a bad day. Just because you're having a rough time doesn't give you a free pass to be an asshole to someone else and give them a bad day as well. I have bad days myself and sometimes I play the game, doesn't mean I'm about to take it out on someone who isn't even associated with what made my day bad just because they've done something that may have impacted my fun. If I'm not having fun after playing for a while, I stop playing. Simple as that. No reason to play if I'm not having fun and potentially ruin the fun for others with my sour mood.

6 minutes ago, robveelben said:

I was thinking in the matter is it possible to find out a way when things get to heated and mistakes are every where how do you help the station to calm the flames around you in a more ic manner. 

A lot of what you're describing are OOC issues that IC issues aren't really going to resolve. Either there's IC issues that should be resolved ICly or OOC issues that will be resolved by staff if it becomes a problem. They don't really overlap where you can resolve something happening OOCly with IC actions.

3 minutes ago, robveelben said:

true. But then again if the entire station gets to heated how do you calm it down when your in command sec or any other role that tries its best to keep the order. 

Being a good leader, being a kind and empathetic individual usually helps. Building a reputation of being someone who can be relied on and trusted does wonders. I played IAA for a long time and that role relies very heavily on your character's reputation for being able to get things done, be trusted, and knowing what the hell they're doing and suppose to be doing since you literally have no power. The same goes for Command roles. You build a reputation for being a member of Command who can be relied on and trusted and the veterans will follow you and the newbies will look up to you as a role model. There's no instant solution to this. Show good qualities as a leader and set yourself as an example, the others will listen more willingly and help you.

• Like 1

I will keep this advice to hearth. A lot of time I notice I can be easily frustrated and that is most likely my mayor weakness when it comes to playing games I know VERY bad habit. 
This just comes to experience in dealing with these situations. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use