True Newbie, wanting to sign up!

LunaCitySurfer

Good day everyone!

I wanted to check in and say hi, and introduce myself. I've been interested in the idea of a game like SS13 for a long time, and finally decided to just have a go at it. I have watched a few YouTube tutorials, and think my next step is to join a community and play a few rounds.

Honestly, I think what appeals to me is that I can play non-critical roles such as the fry cook who just wants to serve out his deployment, or the bartender who loves giving the station a reason to keep on living (and a reason to keep taking liver regeneratives).

That said, I do feel a little underprepared. There is much of the lore (especially about non-humans, and companies) that I don't know about. And on top of that there is much game etiquette I feel I should know, as well as questions I have in general, such as standard round length (how much time I have to set aside for a game, so that I'm not leaving people hanging). But those concerns notwithstanding, I am committed to learning, as I think this game ticks a lot of boxes for me.

I hope we can get along, and that I can be an asset to the community in time. Thanks all!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use