Remove screen wobble effect

Spacemanspark

I imagine most of you probably don't even notice this and I'm just nitpicking, but after a while of walking around and around aimlessly one round, I realized something: it was almost as if the camera was unable to keep up with the player mob.

Try this; take two fingers and spread them about the size of your mob's sprite, hold it up to the screen with your mob in the center, and move around. You should notice what I'm talking about within at least a minute or so as your mob bounces back and forth out of the center of your fingers.

I don't even know where to remotely begin to fix such an issue, if it even can be fixed. I worry it's largely an unfixable Byond thing at worst, and at best some ridiculous amalgamation of code someone far above my code skill will have to sort through. It's not the worst thing in the world, but honestly it's obnoxious once you begin to take notice of it.

Edited by Spacemanspark
redundancy

I noticed that with higher ping sometimes it will even let you briefly look into other rooms. Could even see a fake wall or so like I had mesons on, but that only happened when something was downloading in the background. The "shake" or "wobble" is much more extreme in that case, but it sounds similar to what I experienced.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use