Feedback / Complaint

fczna

Admin(s) Key: -
Your ckey (Byond username): fczna
Your Discord name (if applicable): fczna

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): 28.11.2019 / 11pm-12pm

Nature of complaint: feedback
Links to all relevant ban appeals for any bans related to this complaint: -

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements): Getting killed during extended without a real event or reason going on. 

Full description of events: 

First I would like to clarify that I'm not salty or mad but just a little bit sad. I really enjoy playing on the server! However, in the round mentioned something was going on. The captain got haunted, but I didn't really see what they were doing on the bridge. I was the RD and was just focused on getting RnD done and upgrade the station. While I was working in RnD, a giant bunny came out of the vent and started to attack me, which lead to my death after being dragged to medbay. I really enjoy events and I don't mind if I die in those if there is some reasoning or roleplay behind it, but this just felt kind of random. Honestly, it felt like being actually griefed.

I can remember a round when I beheaded a suspected cling and was wrong on my decision. I got a severe warning for that and I don't want to fight this warning here or anything. But seeing things like that happen, out of nowhere and the player itself being treated like that. It feels a little bit unjust. Unbalanced if you want to say so. There might have been something behind all of that, but I can't see how this would have improved anyones round. I was lucky the CMO was somewhat competent, otherwise I would have been out of the round (one hour in, after I nearly finished RnD). I think I mostly feel an unjust treatment when it comes to such things. However, this is not really a complaint, but more a feedback. The perspective of the player if you want to say so.

Thank you in advance for reading.

Edited by fczna
  • explodyparrot 1

Hi there, and thank you for this feedback/complaint.

I have spoken to @TheSardele who has the one who spawned the creature - in this case, a blobbernaut with vent crawl, more health and a reskin. His reasoning was to give something security to do on an extended round, akin to terror spiders or a slaughter demon, but much less dangerous. The monster was then given to ghosts to control like other random event characters.

I'm personally satisfied with this as being acceptable, as SS13 is a game where random death like this can occur, and it should be expected that a giant bunny may be a deadly adversary. Death is part of the game, and dying on the way to medbay barely takes one out of it for long. Sardele has read the feedback and we've discussed the extent of minievents like this and their effect on players.

As far as your note and warning for your incorrect execution and insulting players roughly 5 months ago goes - I have no idea what this at all has to do with the situation or why it was at all brought up. It's rather bizarre it was brought up here at all. How this is unjust or related at all to the event is completely beyond me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use