How to Assassinate Katlyn Hudson

Veloxi

So, you've decided to become a Traitor! Welcome to the Syndicate.
Here are your objectives:

1. Assassinate Katlyn Hudson, the [role redacted].
2. Escape on the shuttle or an escape pod alive and free.

Tonight, I played a round as Chemist, and someone was given an objective to assassinate me.

The assassin tried to grab me twice, and got stopped by security both times.
The first time, a security borg came along before the violence could get started.
The second time, I called out for security's help because I was getting dragged out of the med chem lab and murdered along the way.

If you really want to assassinate Katlyn Hudson, here's how you do it:

- Ask for help.

No really, that's it. Katlyn loves to help, and assumes the best about people. She is sometimes suspicious, but is never paranoid.
If my assassin had said, "Hey, why are you hiding in this locker?"
I would have come back with "Oh, I was just in the brig for giving Space Lube to the clown, and I saw a Prince of Terror spider come through. So I'm hiding until the spiders are dead."
If my assassin came back with, "Yeah, sec killed them. Hey, would you make me some Space Lube?" ... that's it, now Katlyn can be lured just about anywhere.

"I've got a sec encryption key. Let me see your headset, then you'll know if sec is going to arrest you again for making lube for me." ... it's almost too easy.

If someone grabs me and tries to murderize me, yes, I'll jump immediately to "HELP SEC! MED MAINTS!" on the comms.
If someone talks to me and only does non-lethal things (slip, stun baton, tape on mouth, apply cuffs, grab headset, etc.), I usually say 'OW!' or 'HEY!' and talk to them.

Katlyn also has some character weaknesses than can be exploited fairly readily (these are recorded in IC medical records);

- Katlyn loves Space Cola, and it can be used as a bribe.
You won't get All-Access with it, but you might get a tour of the Captain's office.

- Katlyn is terrified of bees.
She often tries to get Sugar pills at the beginning of the shift, to ward against a Beesease outbreak.
In a round where someone needs to steal something from Katlyn, just threatening to open an apiary in the same room is enough to accomplish that objective.
"Now Captain, I don't want to open this apiary, but I need your Deluxe Jet Pack..."

In short, if you are really robust, you can just grab/kill Katlyn before she can summon help.
If you are less robust, all you need to do is talk.
If you do win, I'm not going to be salty. You'll probably get a karma point, unless I've already spent it.

• Like 7

• 5 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use