Make IB Not Occur In Your Extremities

Leanfrog

Does IB Need To Be Changed?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As the title says this suggestion is to remove IB from your extremities (Hands and feet).

Yes this is a bit of an idedplsnerf

IB (internal bleeding) is a particularly crippling internal injury as it effectively puts you on a timer to death, while yes its effects can be mitigated with iron and saline it becomes basically impossible to cope with the second you get a second instance of it. Having two instances of IB will result in the victim vomiting blood on a very frequent basis, to an untrained eye that doesn't seem that bad, however, vomiting incurs an excessively long stun as well as forcing you to drop whatever you were holding at the time it happens, quite clearly this is utterly debilitating and game ending. Now regardless of where the IB is located in your body it will contribute to vomiting blood, including your hands and feet. The two hardest to protect regions of your character can apply the most damaging and impactful internal wounds, that doesn't seem very fair for combat. Imagine getting shot or stabbed in your hands then you start vomiting so much blood you're physically incapable of doing anything, how much sense does that make, the same applies for getting shot in your feet, it is absurd to think of how that would actually work.

So, this was my argument as to why IB shouldn't be able to occur in your hands or feet.

i think if the extremities didn't contribute to the vomiting that would be good and more realistic. However those limbs would very quickly swell up and become necrotic instead. I'm not really sure how that would play out coding wise and may be quite complex. 

Yeaaa ive found the way IB is handled to be kind of odd.

IB in your foot? CHURGHGGMGB, blood gurgling coughs until you die.

I like the idea of IB leading to septic wounds instead of blood coughing, unless its a middle/lower torso wound where such a blood cough would make sense.

1 minute ago, BlackDog said:

I like the idea of IB leading to septic wounds instead of blood coughing, unless its a middle/lower torso wound where such a blood cough would make sense.

My guess is to be an indicator you have IB. If for instance you receive IB and it goes into septic wounds instead of coughing, there's no indicator of it until it reaches the septic state making it more of a silent killer.

If I'm remembering correctly, internal bleeding doesn't provide chat prompts and there's no obvious sign of it with using examine. So if you manage to acquire it, you wouldn't know something is wrong until you start getting chat prompts from lack of blood.

2 hours ago, BryanR said:

My guess is to be an indicator you have IB. If for instance you receive IB and it goes into septic wounds instead of coughing, there's no indicator of it until it reaches the septic state making it more of a silent killer.

If I'm remembering correctly, internal bleeding doesn't provide chat prompts and there's no obvious sign of it with using examine. So if you manage to acquire it, you wouldn't know something is wrong until you start getting chat prompts from lack of blood.

If that is in fact the case, a few text prompts could maybe be added then to indicate to players that something is wrong, much like broken bones, eye damage and the like.

Perhaps when you pat down your body to examine it, it can say instead of just numb or normal

"Your (body part) feels swollen and looks discolored"

With a few red text pain prompts that can show up if you continue to use the limb in question, much like broken bones.

This would let the player know they have IB, without you always having to cough up blood from a IB foot wound.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use