Vampire Conversion - Enthrall Rework

Display Name

So. I've been given the opportunity to play vampire pretty frequently at this point, and I find myself falling back on the same strategy each time.

I'm not robust, and I don't like to play at being robust, so my go-to method is to coerce someone into stunning themselves, through drinking/injecting of certain substances, and upon them finding me sucking their blood, cut them a deal where I protect them in exchange routine drinking sessions.

Let's cut to the chase here. I'm not sure if this has ever been in the game, but I'm pretty certain that if it isn't, it has already been suggested. In short, my idea is this: Give Vampire Thralls a Shadowling Thrall-like role.

I think that it would be really cool for vampires to sire more vampires. It would certainly spice up a round for the crew to find an entire vampire clan in their midst, as well as allow those who collaborate with vampires a degree of release, should the vampire hold up their end of the deal.

Obviously, the ability to create full vampires would become incredibly unbalanced, so here are some ideas for how the newly sired vampires would be weaker than their counterparts.

• Sired vampires only retain one or two abilities possessed by their sire, passive or active
  • All blood drunk by sired vampires is unusable
  • Sired vampires have a maximum usable blood count, maybe 50
  • Sired vampires lose all skin pigment upon conversion, so they are easily detectable by the crew
  • The blood of sired vampires can be used by their sire, similar to how shadowlings leech off their thralls
  • Sired vampires appear dead upon examination
  • Sired vampires will hallucinate if below a certain thirst threshold
  • Sired vampires crumble into an unrevivable pile of ash when killed
  • In order to sire a victim, they must be below an upper blood threshold
  • Sired vampires can only heal in coffins
Edited by Display Name

The problem with this is that it is very easy for the situation to spiral out of control. Already a fully powered vampire is almost impossible to catch and extremely dangerous to the crew, often warranting an ERT or shuttle call all on their own. Now imagine that, but with half a dozen thralls acting as bodyguards. This would potentially turn the vampire into a more powerful, more dangerous version of the Shadowling. I can see this playing out as an admin event (Already there's an admin spawned 'Ancient Vampire' that can convert crew into vampires), but I wouldn't think this would be good for regular play.

Here's an idea from some vampire mythology that could help balance it out. The vampire can only have one sire, which must follow their masters every order until they drink enough blood for their master to release them, turning them into a full vampire. Until that point, however, they retain some/all of the weaknesses suggested.

• 2 weeks later...

Vampires actually already have an enthrall ability, although it doesn't work like this one (it's more like a mindslave). It requires 300 or so blood to unlock if I'm not mistaken (as well as a lot of blood to use) and can be removed by holy water.

In short, you can already kind of do this but it's not this powerful and you can't do it roundstart. (Although it's not hard to get to it--once you have a few kills behind your belt, getting more is pretty easy.)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use