Fursamie

Admin(s) Key: @Spacemanspark
Your ckey (Byond username): Fursame
Your Discord name (if applicable): lieutenantwiseguy#4685

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): 10 / 17 / 19

Nature of complaint: Feedback, clarification required, other

Links to all relevant ban appeals for any bans related to this complaint: 

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements):
Request for a discussion regarding the ban with the banning admin.

Full description of events:

I don't agree with the ban reason, why I don't is stated in the linked ban appeal. However, I'll just go off of spark's reply here instead. 

Spoiler

lieutenantwiseguyYesterday at 5:27 PM
zoop zoop haha thanks for the kidn gold shahah azoop zoop haha name checks out OP is gay haha zoop zoop lol lmao zoop zoop zoop zoop zoop zoop zoopmzoop zozpo zopozoz

HiYesterday at 5:28 PM
zoop zoop haha thanks for the kidn gold shahah azoop zoop haha name checks out OP is gay haha zoop zoop lol lmao zoop zoop zoop zoop zoop zoop zoopmzoop zozpo zopozoz

Fox McCloudYesterday at 5:29 PM
Can you not.
We have rules ya know
follow em

lieutenantwiseguyYesterday at 5:29 PM
sorry nchief iwas tempted by this witch @Hi

HiYesterday at 5:30 PM
bro why!!!!!!!!

lieutenantwiseguyYesterday at 5:30 PM
BRO!!21111

HiYesterday at 5:30 PM
This betryl!

lieutenantwiseguyYesterday at 5:30 PM
sorry bro
had to do it bro u know i dont wanna go back bro

Fox McCloudYesterday at 5:30 PM
Stop.

Both you and the other player were spamming the discord with long phrases that more or less just said 'zoop zoop bro' and a bunch of other strange nonsense. Another admin told you to stop, you both didn't... and so you were both banned. You've been talked to about your behavior, and there aren't any excuses. 

Stop means stop. If you can't understand that, you aren't welcome here. Appeal declined. 

Both you and the other player were spamming the discord with long phrases that more or less just said 'zoop zoop bro' and a bunch of other strange nonsense. 

We, as far as I can remember, collectively said that twice, as shown in the log. I initially said it in response to something either related to reddit, mocking reddit or someone saying something like "thanks for the kind gold" or other buzzwords on reddit. Not exactly spamming, in my opinion. in addition, it's maybe two lines long at best, if you're using a mobile. As well, we only added bro to the end or in the middle of sentences. I don't understand how that is worthy of a warning, much less a ban. As I said in the ban appeal, I know and understand how odd me and the other user may look to an observer but we were merely joking around was all.

Another admin told you to stop, you both didn't... and so you were both banned. You've been talked to about your behavior, and there aren't any excuses. 

The initial time, as I said in the ban appeal, I thought it was something that the other user had done since I had double checked the rules for the discord server and didn't see any rules we might've been breaking (aside from maybe the 'stay on topic' bit but we only deviated from a discussion about medical or something for a few posts), however we DID stop the second time he said to, as we both realized he was addressing us. I also don't know what you mean by the last part, as I have never been warned on discord for something even remotely similar to this as far as I can recall.

This complaint isn't in place to try to get me unbanned (a third chance as the guide would say), but to get more insight from staff - mainly the banning admin - on what I did was wrong, if it even was, because right now I'm getting pretty minimal communication regarding the whole ordeal (had to even message another administrator that wasn't involved at all just to get the ban reason!).

Edited by Fursamie
e

Hi there,

While the specific "zoop zoop bro" was collectively said twice, it's the bunch of other strange nonsense you were told to stop. This is really the crux of it - if an admin tells you to stop doing something, you stop immediately. Not get in a few more "bro's" and other nonsense.

As far as communication on these kind of things go, discord doesn't actually allow us to show ban reasons and has issues with messaging people via our bot who aren't in the server, but any admin can look up ban reasons - especially easy if you've already messaged them before as well, so always feel free to just ask whoever is around for it. In my case, don't bother to wait for me to show online I never remember to set that.

2 hours ago, necaladun said:

Hi there,

While the specific "zoop zoop bro" was collectively said twice, it's the bunch of other strange nonsense you were told to stop. This is really the crux of it - if an admin tells you to stop doing something, you stop immediately. Not get in a few more "bro's" and other nonsense.

Hello, sorry for the late response, like I had said beforehand(and an error on my end), I didn't know that the admin was referring to me specifically - at the time, however, I did respond by pinging the other user and saying it was because they bewitched me, but the punchline of this joke was supposed to be that the admin was not referring to me, however I still take the blame(hilarious, i know). The second time they said to stop, me and the other user knew that it was directed at the both of us, so we did stop.

However, the ban reason seems to suggest that the things that were being posted had something inherently wrong with them, and I'm not sure what that is. But yes, I'm well aware that if you are told to stop by an admin, you stop, but because of the circumstances and because of the grey area that we were in (didn't explicitly break discord server rules nor paradise server rules..) we had to be told to stop twice.

• 1 month later...

Yes indeed, and apologies for the delay. Xerides has been on my back to get this one but IRL has been very busy for me lately - and I wasn't really aware of any further questions or discussion to be had here.

It seems like you're now at least aware that if an admin tells you to stop, you're to stop. You've said this is an error on your end, the acknowledgement of which would be good for an appeal. 

If there are further clarifications you need, post them here, otherwise let us know if this can be resolved.

6 hours ago, necaladun said:

Yes indeed, and apologies for the delay. Xerides has been on my back to get this one but IRL has been very busy for me lately - and I wasn't really aware of any further questions or discussion to be had here.

It seems like you're now at least aware that if an admin tells you to stop, you're to stop. You've said this is an error on your end, the acknowledgement of which would be good for an appeal. 

If there are further clarifications you need, post them here, otherwise let us know if this can be resolved.

Sure I know, but in the banning reason it said my behaviour was "creepy", I can see how it seemed spammy. I don't know why what I said in the first place even warranted any administrative action in the first place, whether it was being told to stop or being banned because of it. I would like a further elaboration on this.

Edited by Fursamie
e

It's hard to define exactly what creepy means for everyone, but "causing an unpleasant feeling of fear or unease." is the google definition, which I assume is roughly what Fox was going off.

What you were saying caused an unpleasant feeling of unease, so you were asked to knock it off. "OP is gay" is something you shouldn't be saying, as well. Hence being told to knock this stuff off as administrative action.

Calling someone who is telling you to knock something off "bro", especially someone who doesn't know you well, can come across as creepy too, as it's a familiar term to some. Being familiar with someone who doesn't know you - and is also acting as an administrator, and telling you to stop something - can make people uneasy.

2 minutes ago, necaladun said:

It's hard to define exactly what creepy means for everyone, but "causing an unpleasant feeling of fear or unease." is the google definition, which I assume is roughly what Fox was going off.

What you were saying caused an unpleasant feeling of unease, so you were asked to knock it off. "OP is gay" is something you shouldn't be saying, as well. Hence being told to knock this stuff off as administrative action.

Calling someone who is telling you to knock something off "bro", especially someone who doesn't know you well, can come across as creepy too, as it's a familiar term to some. Being familiar with someone who doesn't know you - and is also acting as an administrator, and telling you to stop something - can make people uneasy.

Saying "OP is gay" was just making fun of reddit users, not actually referring to anyone in the server. And yeah, whilst I understand, I don't agree with this, however I won't do it again. You can resolve the complaint.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use