New Super Antag: The Ascended Cultist

Veterankyl

What Is This 'Super Antag'?

Super Antags are admin spawned variants of standard antags that are absolutely OP. Because of this, they're only for admin events and are sometimes treated as a code Gamma emergency.

There are currently four super antags in game for when the admins want to meme it up. The Ancient One is a vampire that has all of its powers, unlimited blood, and can turn other people into vampires. Arch Wizards get 50 spell points. Syndicate Officers get unlimited TC. And Empress of Terror is a super powerful spider spawner that can take on mechs. However, there is currently no super antag for cultists, an antag that could probably use a bit of admeme help when all the cultists are deconverted in the first thirty minutes of a round.

The One Who Has Seen 'Him':

The Ascended Cultist is a cultist that has had a brush with their god. They could be a cultist given a special divine gift from their god, a physical embodiment of that god, or one of the heads of the cult's order. No one is more knowledgeable in the ways of their god than they are. The powers they possess make them a threat to the entire station, even if they are the only cultist on board.

• They start out with a full set of cultist equipment, including shielded robes and a sharpened blade.
  • They come equipped with unlimited use talismans, or if possible, the talismans in spell form that can be triggered with the action buttons.
  • They can perform most rituals by themselves, including convert, sacrifice, cultist summon, and the emp ritual. Not the god summoning ritual though. They still need other cultists for that.
  • The have a few powers as part of their dark blessing, including regeneration, xray vision, arcane bolts, and a strong resistance to stuns.
  • They are able to bind a slaughter demon to their service, which forces the demon to obey their commands and act as a body guard.

Of course, none of this stuff is balanced, but Super Antags in general are OP. Still, it's fun to speculate on ideas for super antags for the different antag types. Feel free to post any ideas, comments, or suggestions you have on a super cultist antag.

• Like 3

I like some of the idea however a few points I'd like to make.

• Unlimited talisman use or talisman use in spell form should cost some blood each time its used since blood is needed to make them originally.
  • Aside from a minor regeneration, I feel they don't need x-ray vision, arcane bolts, or strong resistance to stuns, same with the binding a slaughter demon to them. They're going to be exceptionally powerful already with the talismans and ability to perform most if not all but the summon god ritual by themselves.

Yes super antagonists are over powered but there is still the possibility of killing or overcoming them, if you throw in too many perks you're going to make an antagonist that's so powerful no matter how admins play them it isn't going to be a fun time for the crew because its just way too difficult of an obstacle for them to overcome. If you add all these things together, I'd have to literally play this guy passively and wouldn't have an option to be aggressive since I'd wipe out pretty much anything I came across or would be able to easily retreat even if I'm surrounded, not that I ever would be since I'd be able to see through walls.

• Like 1

I agree that the blood cost for talismans would be a good idea to keep them from going too crazy with the talismans. As for the other stuff, the reason I suggested it is because it'll take only one taser hit for them to go down and be wrecked. I don't know if shielded robes protect from stuff like tasers and stun batons, but since super antags are often very easy to identify, they need at least some sort of protection since they'll likely be called out quickly. The Ancient One vampire has access to its blink, jaunt, eye flash, and convert power while stunned. Wizards can use a lot of their spells while stunned. A Syndicate Operative can get adrenaline implants, Eswords, and shielded suits.  Cultists in general don't have much defense against stuns aside from EMPs, which only work if the cultist is able to trigger it before they're hit, and may not be an option if you have IPC cultists around that may get hit by it. All the other antags have a preventative and/or reactionary method of dealing with stuns.

• Like 1

>an antag that could probably use a bit of admeme help when all the cultists are deconverted in the first thirty minutes of a round.

The super-antags are really not balanced, having them go up against crew just because cultists got caught early would be very unfair and total overkill, imo. You could argue for adding in a super-cultist but it wouldn't get used like that, I don't think.

You're forgetting this is an admin only option. If we want to alter the effects of stuns on them we can do it ourselves. It shouldn't be a preloaded effect.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eler00 said:

>an antag that could probably use a bit of admeme help when all the cultists are deconverted in the first thirty minutes of a round.

The super-antags are really not balanced, having them go up against crew just because cultists got caught early would be very unfair and total overkill, imo. You could argue for adding in a super-cultist but it wouldn't get used like that, I don't think.

1 hour ago, BryanR said:

You're forgetting this is an admin only option. If we want to alter the effects of stuns on them we can do it ourselves. It shouldn't be a preloaded effect.

It sounds like something like the Ninja of old, something used to spice up rounds that died down wayyy too early. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use