More Gateway maps

Emiglia

Not sure about you guys, but I think that the server's gateway needs more a maps. Maybe a jurassic world? Frozen map? Changeling map? Clown planet map? Nar'sie cult map?

• toolbox 1
  • Salt 1
  • fastparrot 2

5 hours ago, Pokebro2000 said:

If I had any idea how to use BYOND for mapping, I would try my hand at this. Would love to have a large variety of possible gateway stuff.

You'll need a fresh copy of paracode for it. Open paradise.dme, this will bring up the dreammaker. Compile, and then look for "map_files". The gateway missions are at "randomzlevels". Opening the .dmm files will pop up the mapeditor. I've never tried to seriously do anything with the mapeditor, so I don't know what-everything you have to keep in mind while tinkering with the maps, but it sure is fun to play around with them, at least.

Edited by Regular Joe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

tg station already has a few additional maps like the arctic station. This would be a nice feature since it would bring a nice use for the many wintercoats you can have as mostly cosmetics. Doesn't make much sense that we'd wear wintercoats aboard a space station other than to look like a clown. I'm not sure how the lavaland was added but if the code was mostly compiled from tg it shouldn't be that hard to get it on para, not a coder tho so what do I know.

• Like 1
  • clown 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use