Access Trespass Map

Kugamo

If you have been on the discord in the past few days you might have caught me developing this map, I thought I would make a forum topic just so there is a centralized location for discussing the choices I took in making it. Since its a map of areas that are to be considered trespass or major trespass there is some room for discussion.

The map's the latest version can be found here -> https://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/File:AccessTrespassMap.png

Here is the wiki entry for major trespass : "Being in a restricted area without prior authorization. This includes Security areas, Command areas (including EVA), the Engine Room, Atmos, or Toxins Research." So that is all pretty clear, though these are some areas I think ought to be considered: Gateway [command], ntrep and blueshield Offices [command], Surgery [dangerous tools], Virology [pathogens], and lastly Xenobiology [dangerous]. I made some judgement calls on all of those and people on the discord helped me decide as well. I would love to hear your thoughts!

Also I am not acutely familiar with every role's access, and I am sure I forgot some roles somewhere or other mistakes. If you notice any part of the map in terms of access that is wrong I would love that feedback as well. NOTE: I decided not to mark out the full range of access for single person roles so as not to clutter the map. Though for command roles I still want to remain accurate.

Thanks!

• Like 2

To avoid any confusion, perhaps the Tresspass and Major Tresspass sample boxes should be of a rainbow color instead of grey. A lot of grey in the map. Makes it seem that Maint is off limits.

Furthermore, is the Gateway simply trespass or Major Trespass on account of it being command-level only access?

Edited by Esha Nas

Oh nice suggestion, I see how that could be confusing. For the gateway, I didnt include it as major because it wasnt explicitly mentioned in def on the wiki. But Its pretty clearly a command area, and so it makes sense being major. Being that I have no good reason not to, I'll mark it as major. Also I didnt mark ntrep and blueshields as major for the same reason, though logically they should be. I'll change those to major as well.

As far as marking the IAA full access, to be honest it would be a pain. I havent marked the full access for a number of roles for pretty much that reason. But also for the reason it would -arguably- diminish intelligibility with clutter. Most low pop roles I didnt mark, so I will just stay in keeping with that for IAA.

Paradise_AccessTresspass_Finale.thumb.png.13c53066a6d22efaae3a54972e999f67.png

Ye, seems alright. People can explain or at most there can be an asterisk denoting that some roles might have more access than shown.

Edited by Esha Nas
  • fastparrot 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Leanfrog I have gotten conflicting reports about this, On discord people in the past and recently have said that HOP does have access to those locations, having tested  it in game. If they shouldn't then I would remove them, though to my knowledge it is accurate as is.

When I mentioned this map in the wiki development channel on the Discord, Kyet brought up that the HoP doesn't have access to the AI upload, as well the HoP lacks any reason to enter the Vault as they lack any reason to ever be in there, they don't have the NAD for the nuke nor do they have the safe codes for said safe contained within.

• Like 1

You won't catch me arguing with the server owner over whats what, but I just thought it should be known what was found. All the same, I made the changes to the map and removed the HOP for the Vault and Upload. Let me know if there are any other discrepancies. IAA *cough* *cough* that one I feel is also contentious, but who knows.

EgLdked.png

Edited by Kugamo
Changed coloring of the vault to reflect captain sole access
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use