Quint's Hand Drawn Failures

quintaessentia

A chain of improbable events lead me to this point, where i am actually drawing something and posting it in this threat. I got no fancy programs or tools to make anything digital (except if you count a mouse and paint into this category), nor the skill required to do so. All i got are some pens and pieces of paper, so this thread will only include hand drawn art garbage. I only started to try the day before yesterday to seriously draw, so please don't hit me if i am not able to get up to the Graphics Sections standards.

Without further ado i present to you my first drawing of a humanoid person:

Just James in his typical outfit. (He is an IPC and therefore allowed to only have four fingers, while hiding one of his hands in a pocket.)

James_1.1.thumb.jpg.5182d68622c81ed8e30127845dd7542d.jpg

Here i tried to draw something more exciting than the standard front perspective, however something seems off about this one and i don't know what it is.

James_2.1.1.thumb.jpg.b0d571e8ae28d84a5f98b36503353bdf.jpg

I am still learning how to actually portrait certain three dimensional things in a two dimensional fashion (how to draw), therefore i would appreciate any kind of feedback on how to improve my work. Thank you for your attention required to read this far.

Edited by quinta essentia
It was always this way.
  • Like 4

Woo!!

It's always exciting to see new art and new people posting art on the forums.

Drawing, and art in general is a constant learning experience. And ofcourse you don't need all the fancy tools to make art, there's people who make awesome things using the basic tools all the time.

I hope to see more. :3

• 2 weeks later...

So, @John_bigless said he wanted his character drawn.

Screenshot_62.thumb.png.357c071ae970b4baf3aa61e728ffb750.png

As we knew us for some time, I just asked him if he would be willing to give me this opportunity. With the input of him i didn't have to think too much about the setting and details and it was therefore overall fairly relaxing. I am more than happy that i've done this and he seems to be pleased with the result too.

Nathan chilling at home with a can of synthanol.

Nathan_3.1.thumb.jpg.954bd6f91fb64075850bdd9847e1f92a.jpg

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use