YASD [Yet Another Stupid Death] Thread

ConfectionCore

Let's share our YASD experiences, SS13 style!

Here's an example of a YASD list for Spelunky players.

Feel free to add as much or as little detail as you want! I'll start off with some of my own:

Befriending a player as a mouse, being placed on their head, then being carried into a low pressure/air environment. Ah, the tragedy.
Having someone in robotics, or worse, the roboticist, stuck with an abductor EMP implant while being an IPC in there trying to get fixed from EMPs.
Dying as a plasmeme by toxins from chugging plasma dust because why not?

• Like 2

Figure out that as a guardian, you mine rocks at insane speed. Help miner collect enormous amount of materials. Gibtonite explodes immediatly on hit. There are 3 gibtonite ores in one place.

Be tator of any kind. Target is miner. Lure to mining, try to track target by gps. Walk around narrow corridors in-between rocks. Target should be nearby. Just around the corner. Turn. Out of nowhere, colossus. And it is getting closer.

Tesla is loose. Walk around in engi hardsuit and insulated gloves. You are immune, laugh at tesla, save people. Tesla is smart. It jumps directly ontop of you, dusting you.

Be vampire. Forget about it. Space adventure time.

• Like 4

Be robotcist. Hijack botanist has been releasing syndie-bees for the last 10 minutes. Know this. Open the shutters anyway. Open the windoor anyway. Get attacked by a single bee. Decide to run away, straight into the main bee infested hallway. Get added on to the massive pile of bee-stung corpses

Still one of the most hilarious hijacks I've seen. I think the guy killed like 50% of the station or something crazy until sec managed to take him down.

• Like 1

Be miner. Forget to turn on flashlight. Turn on to a pack of three golliaths. Get stunlocked and beaten to death.

Be miner again. Find evil base. Get permission to raid from captain. Get RCD and friends. Forget matter cartridge. Decide to drop beacon and Fulton to station. Storm. Decide to throw shelter for some reason. Storm starts. Fulton anyway. Die

• Like 1

Be CE. Build BSA room. Neglect to fill room with air. Open door to properly pressurized area filled with random equipment. Break every bone by having said equipment thrown at you at light speed.

(Addition: Forget your suit sensors. Give the Blueshield a heart attack.)

• Like 1

Be observer. Watch Mechanic break into Syndie Depot with enough tools to build another miracle. Watch Mechanic break through walls. Watch Mechanic break into trap room filled with plasma tiles and a welded shut plasma airlock. Watch Mechanic be smart enough not to-- nevermind, he welded the plasma airlock, chain reaction, everything burns and blows up, Mechanic dies to depot explosion blast.

Good stuff.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tator fakes stumbling in the arcade and dropping a pizza box.

"Hahaha, that's obviously a pizza bomb"

I open the pizza.

It's a pizza bomb.

Edited by Lars
  • Like 4

Casually minding my own business in the halls.

Some civilian with a flashlight is running past.

Suddenly, i get instakilled. It was him.

No one bats an eye.

Thankfully, said tatoraide had the decency to deliver me over to Robotics afterwards.

• Like 1

Be a first time IAA. A document is sent to my office titled: "VERY IMPORTANT!". I stupidly fax the document on thinking the Rep or whoever sent it intended it to go to Central Command. Get made into a cluwne. Greytide beats me to death for my crime of simply existing.

Central Command did not appreciate the ass attached to the otherwise blank stamped document.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Battling Blob in xenobio.

Prime an acid grenade I made to clear blob tiles.

Get put into crit and collapse by application of accelerator cannon to back of head.

Drop acid grenade at feet which finishes me off.

Get nuggeted by blobbernauts.

• Like 1
  • clown 3
  • honk 1

Be pod pilot.

Hear there is a plasma fire in escape.

become curious... the pod can survive space and being around the tesla... can it survive fire?

Park in the fire to see if the pod is fire proof

Be surprised when the pod despawns entirely despite having 100% health and finding my self suddenly in the middle of a plasma fire.

Die because I'm an ipc and ipc's get put into hard crit by a slight breeze.

• Like 1
  • clown 1
  • explodyparrot 1

Be me, IPC warden.

Processing a Sleeping Carp user for perma alone because no one would listen to my repeated calls for an assistant officer.

Shove him in isolation for the the time being. Stun, uncuff, stun again... He gets right back up almost instantly and punches my limbs off to death

Sit in robotics for 15 minutes getting revived, find out prisoner was executed for murder, go cryo because the lack of assistance made me grumpy.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So I've been mining lately, and my experience have varied in amazingly wildly ways.

For example: I got Gluttony's Blessing, and messed around for a while as a morph.

Turned into the DNA vault, and screeched into escape using me commands to yell at everyone that I was there to steal their DNA.

I immediately got murdered by a terrified sentient bear.

• 1 month later...

Getting carded as an AI by a cling. Cling is killed by sec. Being put with the cling in the incinerator while screaming "I'M STILL IN HIS BAG". Incinerator is turn on. No more AI.

• Like 1

Be AI. (W0LF.ai)

CE can mist as a full powered vampire and cards me, everything off.

Robot chat gone ignored.

CE walking past CMO, security, random crew. Me trying to *scream to get attention.

2 security Voxes heard but could not locate me. CE misted in vault. Threats to kill me if I continued. Continued anyway knowing they wouldn’t.

Command finally notes I am missing after 30 minutes.

Random Vox who I screamed early commented that they did hear me when CE walked by.

CE uncatchable, eats a random crew in arrival escape pod. Sec Pod did find CE but was quickly floored and thrown to space.

I get yelled at in OOC for not getting anyone’s attention. *shrugs*

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Be miner
Take advanced plasma cutter
Use it to cut throught the rocks
Hit the megafauna hiding behind

Be traitor
do all your objectif
Find a syndifriend 
Syndifriend has subverted AI and emmaged borg with him
Go on engi pod before shuttle launch with emmaged borg inside
Trashtalk command for the lolz
Borgs explodes
Die on the double explosion 3 minute before the end.

Use a random DNA injector found on the ground

(speaking of DNA)
Be geneticist
Search for power
Be not carefull and inject yourself radiation
Ohshit.png
Put a new monkey on clone pod
make a clean SE
Inject clean SE
Realize you forgot to turn the monkey into a human
Transform into a monkey
Seek CMO for help
CMO realize what happens
CMO takes you to gen cloning pod and kills you with radiation
CMO takes you to surgery and take out your brain
CMO was traitor and you were his target
CMO : "who killed geneticist ?"
round time : 0:15

• Like 2

Have a vampire use its glass shattering screech while you have a plasma fire burning in the toxins burn chamber, resulting in a plasma fire outside of the burn chamber. Both of us died.

• explodyparrot 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use